[Q] Help with rooting and Kernels

Tip us?

SirObi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Help with rooting and Kernels

Hi guys,

hope I am putting this question in the right area. I basically wanted to ask if it would be possible to root my HTC one, then NOT flash a new ROM, but only flash a new kernel. As I want to remain on stock, but get features like sweep2wake and DoubleTap2Wake; and maybe some features to help assist battery life.

Thanks in advance guys.

Marc199
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirObi View Post
Hi guys,

hope I am putting this question in the right area. I basically wanted to ask if it would be possible to root my HTC one, then NOT flash a new ROM, but only flash a new kernel. As I want to remain on stock, but get features like sweep2wake and DoubleTap2Wake; and maybe some features to help assist battery life.

Thanks in advance guys.
Yes it is. Unlock the bootloader, then flash a custom recovery, flash superuser ZIP and a custom kernel through it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marc199 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bihslk
Old
Thanks Meter 217
There is threads here how to root

Unlock bootloader first

Then download custom recovery TWRP

flash recovery and then flash kernel.

Easy as that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Some recoverys even root phone auto...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Just trying to help if i can...
The Following User Says Thank You to bihslk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SirObi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot guys, I think I'll take the plunge sometime today after I do some more reading here. I'll let you know how I get on