Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
3rd January 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 2,163

1,207 posts
Donate to Me
More
This tutorial is for lock screen modification to Nabi 2 NABI2-NV7A US or UK version although only confirmed working with US version. Although the steps would be identical for either version, just don’t have a UK Nabi 2 to test my theory.

I created this thread in hope that if anyone use this tutorial they will provide a picture of lock screen and also share their flashable zip file for the entire Nabi community. If sharing flashable zip files the naming convention has to match the firmware version as I have done below.

A couple of tools & files will be required first and I have provided links to downloads.

7-zip
apkmultitool
nabi_circle.png
empty_framework.zip

I will start with the apk multi tool, I have to give kudos to the developer of this tool, super easy to use; if possible consider making a donation and continue supporting the development of this tool. Currently using Windows 7 64 OS so all instructions will be for Window users.

1) After download of tool, extract to the root of C:\
2) Make sure you have USB debugging checked in Nabi found in Settings\Developers options
3) Connect tablet and go C:\ APK-Multi-Tool\setup.bat and follow instruction 1 thru 3
4) After the 3 steps go to C:\ APK-Multi-Tool\other you will find the framework-res.apk & SystemUI.apk
5) Copy and paste framework-res.apk to C:\ APK-Multi-Tool\place-apk-here-for-modding now click the Scipt.bat hit enter; then option 9 Decompile apk
6) Then you will find the decompiled apk in C:\ APK-Multi-Tool\projects

The files to edit with your pictures are found here, go and replace the png files listed below.
C:\APK-Multi-Tool\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-sw600dp-mdpi

A. fuhu_ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
B. fuhu_ic_lockscreen_handle_pressed.png
C. nabi_circle.png
D. unlock_directions.png (Optional)

The fuhu_ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png & fuhu_ic_lockscreen_handle_pressed.png have to be 1024 x 552 px. and they both have to be the same picture.The nabi_circle.png 184 x 238 has to be replaced with a transparent.png for simplicity I have provided a download link to one. Also the unlock_directions.png is optional that file is 120 x 120 px by replacing all these files you can create your own custom lock screen mod. What I did is I renamed all my png files to default names.

If you want to change default wallpaper, which is 1536 x 1024 px
C:\APK-Multi-Tool\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-sw600dp-nodpi

1. After you have edited your files; then enter the cmd and choose option 11 Compile system apk files. Then it will ask if you would like to copy additional files that you didn’t modify from the original apk in order to ensure least # of errors (y/n)
2. Enter y
3. Now go back to C:\APK-Multi-Tool\keep and delete the files you have modified then hit enter
4. You will now find a unsignedframework-res.apk file in C:\ APK-Multi-Tool\place-apk-here-for-modding
5. Place this file in different folder (example minions) rename to framework-res.apk
6. Grab the empty_framework.zip open this with 7-zip without unzipping and drag the framework-res.apk in emty_framework.zip\system\framework\drag here.

If your emty_framework.zip is only showing META-INF folder just click file top left of 7-zip and then "create folder" system repeat again and create framework folder, then open that folder and drag framework-res.apk there. 7-zip will ask are you sure you want to copy file just click yes.
If you want to modify the updater script you can extract into your computer and modify it with notepad and change the name of the lockscreen, this will be able to be read in recovery. If you don’t take this last step it will say “Installing custom lockscreen”. The updater script can be found in
empty_framework.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

Here are a few lockscreens that are only for firmware 2.3.11 enjoy

With exception of lockorig_2.3.11.zip all have Nexus 7 2013 default wallpaper!

lockorig_2.3.11.zip

frozen_princesses_2.3.11.zip

frozen_marshmallow_2.3.11.zip

ariel_2.3.11.zip

disney_princess_2.3.11.zip

dinosaur_2.3.11.zip

bubble_guppies_2.3.11.zip

minions_2.3.11.zip

minions_face_2.3.11.zip

mario_2.3.11.zip

pokeman_2.3.11.zip

spongebob_2.3.11.zip

super_why_2.3.11.zip

my_little_pony_2.3.11.zip

Before flashing backup entire ROM also store the lockorg_2.3.11.zip in your external card

I am not responsible for anyone bricking your kids tablets, you are choosing to do this mod!
Last edited by katinatez; 3rd March 2014 at 04:32 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to katinatez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lock screen, nabi 2
Previous Thread Next Thread