XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bootloop, knox tripped?

Tip us?

skippyg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default bootloop, knox tripped?

Well, heres the issue. My phone is completely and absolutely stock, haven't rooted or flashed anything. I just got home a bit ago and my phone warned me that I had to reboot due to some app trying to access permissions that it wasn't allowed. I then installed Avast security to see if I could find some malware and nothing showed up. Fast forward five minutes, i go to uninstall it and it reboots. Then keeps rebooting, and non stop. I went to the recovery screen to hit factory data reset and it wiped everything, however once it booted up it just keeps boot looping non stop.

I removed my memory card to see if thats what it was but it didn't help a bit. Then I tried again through the settings menu to factory reset and still nothing! Then when I went to go to look at my about info, it said the device status was custom???! I tried to connect it to kies and it doesn't recognize. Im going to take it to Sprint right now in hopes that they have access to software that will reflash the software for me.

bigpappags3
Old
Thanks Meter 2665
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyg View Post
Well, heres the issue. My phone is completely and absolutely stock, haven't rooted or flashed anything. I just got home a bit ago and my phone warned me that I had to reboot due to some app trying to access permissions that it wasn't allowed. I then installed Avast security to see if I could find some malware and nothing showed up. Fast forward five minutes, i go to uninstall it and it reboots. Then keeps rebooting, and non stop. I went to the recovery screen to hit factory data reset and it wiped everything, however once it booted up it just keeps boot looping non stop.

I removed my memory card to see if thats what it was but it didn't help a bit. Then I tried again through the settings menu to factory reset and still nothing! Then when I went to go to look at my about info, it said the device status was custom???! I tried to connect it to kies and it doesn't recognize. Im going to take it to Sprint right now in hopes that they have access to software that will reflash the software for me.
If you can get into download mode you should be able to flash a stock .tar through odin.

http://i.imgur.com/qrByUGN.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to bigpappags3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skippyg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Thanks for the reply,

I was thinking about doing that, however Im quite upset that Knox was tripped without any custom anything being installed. Will flashing the stock rom through odin fix that glitch or did Samsung screw me over and void my warranty for me?
The Following User Says Thank You to skippyg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjcollum
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4654

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for the reply,

I was thinking about doing that, however Im quite upset that Knox was tripped without any custom anything being installed. Will flashing the stock rom through odin fix that glitch or did Samsung screw me over and void my warranty for me?
there is no known knox reset method. once its tripped its tripped.
though having it trip is no real problem and opens up custom options for roms and recoveries.

your only real option to get knox 0x0 is to get sprint to replace the phone.

sorry for the bad news.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjcollum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7167
Quote:
Thanks for the reply,

I don't care a flip about Knox. I get the concern, but it doesn't ultimately concern me. It's like anything. One individual reports they cannot get their device repaired with Knox tripped, others report no issues.

The evidence would indicate that if you slap the stock rom on the phone, you'll get what you need. There is more than one way to get your phone replaced.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

skippyg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars View Post
I don't care a flip about Knox. I get the concern, but it doesn't ultimately concern me. It's like anything. One individual reports they cannot get their device repaired with Knox tripped, others report no issues.

The evidence would indicate that if you slap the stock rom on the phone, you'll get what you need. There is more than one way to get your phone replaced.

Well thats good to know, anyway thats the least of my concerns now. Ive reflashed multiple times using the stock tar file and it helps for a bit it just starts all over again with the bootloops. I took it to Sprint, the tech looked at it and said there wasn't anything he could see wrong, as always it stopped rebooting once i arrived there, couldln't replicate. Now that its late and they're closed it wont stop! ughh.
The Following User Says Thank You to skippyg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
(Last edited by micmars; 3rd January 2014 at 08:00 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7167
Quote:
Well thats good to know, anyway thats the least of my concerns now. Ive reflashed multiple times using the stock tar file and it helps for a bit it just starts all over again with the bootloops. I took it to Sprint, the tech looked at it and said there wasn't anything he could see wrong, as always it stopped rebooting once i arrived there, couldln't replicate. Now that its late and they're closed it wont stop! ughh.
I'm trying to help you. Go back to the Skunk Ape1 thread and let us continue.

FWIW, I posted the message to which you just replied 2 hours ago, but am trying to help you now. It's OK, we've all been there, panicked. It sucks. Just hang in there and we can finish this.

"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]