[q] rooted nook hd headache

Tip us?

kamkamkamstien
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [q] rooted nook hd headache

Hi there,
I usually scout out solutions on XDA but I can't find jack to do with these issues and they're driving me bonkers, so any help is massively appreciated.

Iíve had my nook for about 4 months. Rooted and rerooted to enable Google ABC Chinese and unknown sources, but the same issues reoccur:

Touch screen: Goes through periods of neurosis, touch capability suddenly and temperamentally failing (when I constantly have to put it to sleep and reawaken it to get it working again. Occasionally it goes into a proper panic attack and starts selecting anything and everything - I have to wait till it calms down again before I can even pick it up.

SD card: Complete fail. I transfer files from PC, via direct insert or via device & cable, they show as having successfully transferred in windows explorer, show as memory used in PC and Nook memory settings, but each folder (can be viewed) is utterly empty. Whatís more, when I plug it back into the PC to find out what the hell went wrong , the folders are again empty! Madness! (I can, however, view and use files downloaded to SD by the nook itself.)

Anybody wise on nook issues tell me if this is part of a bigger problem or is it a turtleís shell thing - on my back only? Anything suggestions for a way forward?

Nook hd 2.1.0
Universal root rev.3 (By CWM-6027 rev.3) by Leapinlar

Wicked thanks
K

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3395

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamkamkamstien View Post
Hi there,
I usually scout out solutions on XDA but I can't find jack to do with these issues and they're driving me bonkers, so any help is massively appreciated.

Iíve had my nook for about 4 months. Rooted and rerooted to enable Google ABC Chinese and unknown sources, but the same issues reoccur:

Touch screen: Goes through periods of neurosis, touch capability suddenly and temperamentally failing (when I constantly have to put it to sleep and reawaken it to get it working again. Occasionally it goes into a proper panic attack and starts selecting anything and everything - I have to wait till it calms down again before I can even pick it up.

SD card: Complete fail. I transfer files from PC, via direct insert or via device & cable, they show as having successfully transferred in windows explorer, show as memory used in PC and Nook memory settings, but each folder (can be viewed) is utterly empty. Whatís more, when I plug it back into the PC to find out what the hell went wrong , the folders are again empty! Madness! (I can, however, view and use files downloaded to SD by the nook itself.)

Anybody wise on nook issues tell me if this is part of a bigger problem or is it a turtleís shell thing - on my back only? Anything suggestions for a way forward?

Nook hd 2.1.0
Universal root rev.3 (By CWM-6027 rev.3) by Leapinlar

Wicked thanks
K
The touch screen sensitivity is a well known issue. It is caused by fingerprints. Just wipe the screen down periodically.

On the SD, try a different SD. Sometimes cards become read only yet the PC thinks it can still write to it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here

kamkamkamstien
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
The touch screen sensitivity is a well known issue. It is caused by fingerprints. Just wipe the screen down periodically.

On the SD, try a different SD. Sometimes cards become read only yet the PC thinks it can still write to it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
HEy and THanks for you ADvice

Well I do clean that mother everyday with LCD cleaner, to the point of sterility. Sometimes becomes insensitive right after I clean it too. I was wondering if taking the laminate screen cover off, cleaning the actual screen and putting on a new cover might do the trick?

As for the SD, I will give that a try. Hate to have wasted a 40gb SD though...

Hat off, Sirrah (Ta!)

K