Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Black Screen of Death

OP Yadash

3rd January 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

59 posts
My screen gets stuck during animations and randomly zooms in and glitches when it's working, but it's blank most of the time unless I apply pressure around the phone. Am I right to believe I have the "black screen of death?". Will HTC fix this out of warranty as it's a known hardware fault or will I be paying out of my own pocket as my bootloader is unlocked and the phone is loaded with a custom rom?

Thanks for the help
3rd January 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,884

14,443 posts
Donate to Me
We can't answer that. If you are lucky then they replace it. But you say yourself that its already out of warranty and that you unlocked the bootloader. So it's very unlikely that they will pay for the costs.
3rd January 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

We can't answer that. If you are lucky then they replace it. But you say yourself that its already out of warranty and that you unlocked the bootloader. So it's very unlikely that they will pay for the costs.

Thanks Mr Hoffs, any idea of cost for fixing the device? I have the wifi fault too so I'm thinking it might just be easier to buy a new phone altogether
3rd January 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,884

14,443 posts
Donate to Me
Hmm not sure. I know that here in the Netherlands a new screen via official dealer including replacement costs between 150 and 180 euroos. Don't know about a mainboard.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread