XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nova launcher on stock LG UI

Tip us?

revan17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Default Nova launcher on stock LG UI

Double tapping is easy to set up, however my biggest beef is the animations being laggier. Opening, closing apps is not silky, buttery smooth as with the LG launcher.

I tried changing animation speeds in nova settings and it just doesn't work. I really love nova but the stock launcher is just smoother. It's like the animations were designed to work as well only on LG launcher.

Is there any way of getting the same smoothness with Nova?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
LG G2 D802 - running stock 4.4.2.

jonsmith709
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan17 View Post
Double tapping is easy to set up, however my biggest beef is the animations being laggier. Opening, closing apps is not silky, buttery smooth as with the LG launcher.

I tried changing animation speeds in nova settings and it just doesn't work. I really love nova but the stock launcher is just smoother. It's like the animations were designed to work as well only on LG launcher.

Is there any way of getting the same smoothness with Nova?

I've always loved Nova, but having had the same experience as your mentioning I've tried Apex and its actually really good, with same options as Nova.

mannequin
Old
Thanks Meter 145
no problems here with Nova with Nova animation speed, buttery smooth. actually, much smoother than the stock launcher.

the only place where both of them "stutter" is the dialer/contacts.

revan17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsmith709 View Post
I've always loved Nova, but having had the same experience as your mentioning I've tried Apex and its actually really good, with same options as Nova.

I don't get it. I tried both apex and nova, same result. Nova can only have smooth animations if I turn on ICS animations, but they're really slow as compared to stock. :-\

LG G2 D802 - running stock 4.4.2.

revan17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannequin View Post
no problems here with Nova with Nova animation speed, buttery smooth. actually, much smoother than the stock launcher.

the only place where both of them "stutter" is the dialer/contacts.
Can any of you using Nova try changing animation speed in Nova Settings? It doesn't work on my phone and that's most likely the reason I'm having this issue. Every speed I set is the same lightning fast opening transition. The animation is barely visible.

revan17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Bumpy.

jao36
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I am running Nova Launcher with no problems. My animation speeds change just fine.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

revan17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by jao36 View Post
I am running Nova Launcher with no problems. My animation speeds change just fine.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
I don't get it. Whatever I try, animations suck while using Nova. No matter what I set under look and feel, has no effect. Like the link to animation got broken somewhere.

They also suck WITH LG launcher in stock based ROMs like StockMod, Worship, etc. Perhaps it's something I removed while de-bloating... Then again, why does it work normally with stock launcher?