5,606,297 Members 33,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help Needed for Lg g Pro E988 Please.

Tip us?

akomaldito
Old
(Last edited by akomaldito; 2nd January 2014 at 11:42 AM.) Reason: add some more details
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help Needed for Lg g Pro E988 Please.

Hello:
I just got me an LG G pro E988 and rooted it using the "ZV9-ZVB-Universal-Root" it worked very smooth and nicely,
and downloaded ""FreeGee Free **ROOT Required**"" after booting to recovery made a backup using ""FreeGee Free **ROOT Required**""
then rebooted to verify the backups after reboot, using explorer+ to enter data folder, true to the work, I was able to find the backup I just made, at the internal sd card, data/media/TWRP folder 2GB+!!! but then but then I saw the kitkat! and got excited to upgrade, downloaded the ROM from Cyanogen and saved in my external SD, then I booted to recovery and in the recovery mode at the **Teamwin** menu I wiped and formatted data, system, dalvik, internal storage!!! (I wish I had not done!!) then I clicked install, but ""FreeGee Free **ROOT Required**"" teamwin"" could not locate my new kitkat rom! the external SD card is not visible, so I thought ok let's restore the new backups!!! but the "teamwin" could not even find its own backups!!!! the folder under data\media\TWRP is just vacant nothing in there and no options either just the back button!!! now I can not even do a hard reset to restore by factory reset either because there is an error message and a success boot!!! the "teamwin" boots successfully LOL!!!! I even tried the latest LG PC Suite to restore but the drivers for MPT can not get installed keeps on failing to install so could not even transfer my ROM .zip files to the internal SD to try to install from zip....!!! my device has been rendered USELESS!!! please help, Anyone I am hoping for advise and sulotion!!???? tnx and please in case of any advise just email me at akomaldito@yahoo.com

olorin
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hi

Don't worry you can solve this using adb sideload you will be able to transfer files to your phone

http://teamw.in/ADBSideload

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CivvxcM1PCY
The Following User Says Thank You to olorin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akomaldito
Old
(Last edited by akomaldito; 3rd January 2014 at 04:14 AM.) Reason: correction
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks for advise

thank you so much for your reply
I did read and watched the video in the links you sent me, but my version of the recovery is "team win recovery project
v2.6.3"what they are using and discussing is v2.6.3.1 which comes with a usb mount mine does not have the option or
it is not capable of mounting a usb device I could have transferred the ROM image to the internal sdcard! and my computer
fails to recognize the MPT port and fails to install the drivers for it so no luck yet in using the adb push! or if I am doing
anything wrong please help if you can.
even the LG PC suit is not detecting the my device properly, even when I connect to LGMobile Support Tool and
change the language and country to Singapore! ( its where I have bought the device!) and install the drivers for LGE988
which is the exact unit I have, it does detect the device for a few seconds and goes up to %18 but then it says disconnect
your device and remove the battery and place it back in the device while holding the restart button! I follow exactly as
instructed but when I plug it in again as instructed it goes few more % but again keeps on saying the device is disconnected
RETRY and I keep on retrying with no luck, that's all what it does!!!

I hope you or other guys who have had the same problem with me could help and share experience to solve this little
BIG problem

Thank you very much for the taking time to help....

olorin
Old
Thanks Meter 4
0. install adb
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42407269

1. uninstall lg drivers

2. install pdanet software & drivers:
http://pdanet.co/bin/PdaNetA4126.exe

3. boot into recovery

4. plug in your phone and wait until it's recognized by pdanet

5. In TWRP go to Advanced then ADB Sideload

6. put your rom zip file in c:\

7. start the command line, go to your adb folder (step 0) and type adb sideload c:\your-rom-name.zip

akomaldito
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default thank you i just did it...

thank you so much for your efforts to reply

I did it with my old edb.exe before coming back here to your new reply, I am so thankful to you and this forum for
being very fast and very Helpful, I do not know how but my computer at last was able to recognize my device
under the android devices in device manager! I guess a zillion times of install and uninstall of new usb drivers did it,
and of course, your first reply how to use the adb.exe(I was totally un-aware that it could be done.... LOL.) thanks to
you I have learned it.... after my phone was recognized it was just not difficult to use the side loader...
but I am gonna follow your new advise too and see what I get.... I NEVER give up until I have learn it well

again thank you very much for your guidance and efforts to help this old retired doctor (I may be a good doctor but I
make a lousy programmer it took me the whole day to the things you guys do in minutes.... )
cheers....! I got the kitkat on my phone also a BIG thanks to Cyanogen and TWRP guys...

akomaldito
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks

Thank you
thank you I did download the minimal edb and fast root installer
and I am gonna do the thins all over again, thank you and keep up
the Very Good work that you do Helping the others its very nice of you.
Cheers!!!

Dr. Marco