XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC ONE Sim problem?

Tip us?

O-rangePeels
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default HTC ONE Sim problem?

Hey XDA, I was wondering if any of you guys still experience the problem where the sim does not come in contact with the pins inside the phone. I have tried the tape fix a few times with a few different sims (that all work on my s4) but no good. I was wondering if anyone has any good fixes before I have to send it out to HTC. Also, if anyone has sent their phone to HTC, how much does it cost? Thanks

JasSingh93
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-rangePeels View Post
Hey XDA, I was wondering if any of you guys still experience the problem where the sim does not come in contact with the pins inside the phone. I have tried the tape fix a few times with a few different sims (that all work on my s4) but no good. I was wondering if anyone has any good fixes before I have to send it out to HTC. Also, if anyone has sent their phone to HTC, how much does it cost? Thanks

I had this problem on my HTC One, the sim usually worked but sometimes the phone said "no sim card inserted", suggesting there wasn't a proper contact between the phone and sim. I tried the tape method too but it didn't work. Eventually I sent the phone back to the retailer I purchased it from and I received a replacement, as it was under warranty and was not accidentally damaged.

HTC shouldn't charge for this if the phone is undamaged, they usually provide a 1 year warranty. They should either repair the phone or give you a replacement. Try calling them and see what they say.
The Following User Says Thank You to JasSingh93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

O-rangePeels
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasSingh93 View Post
I had this problem on my HTC One, the sim usually worked but sometimes the phone said "no sim card inserted", suggesting there wasn't a proper contact between the phone and sim. I tried the tape method too but it didn't work. Eventually I sent the phone back to the retailer I purchased it from and I received a replacement, as it was under warranty and was not accidentally damaged.

HTC shouldn't charge for this if the phone is undamaged, they usually provide a 1 year warranty. They should either repair the phone or give you a replacement. Try calling them and see what they say.
Yeah i just called htc. I wanted to know how much they charge for the repair (im not under warranty anymore).

O-rangePeels
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Does anyone know any possible fixes that work that doesn't require me to send it back to HTC or my carrier? Would buying a new sim tray, switching to a nano sim and using a nano to micro adapter, updating software, etc? Still stuck on this. Any help would be appreciated.

user602
Old
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-rangePeels View Post
Does anyone know any possible fixes that work that doesn't require me to send it back to HTC or my carrier? Would buying a new sim tray, switching to a nano sim and using a nano to micro adapter, updating software, etc? Still stuck on this. Any help would be appreciated.
I was getting the no SIM error intermittently. I tried the "add tape to SIM" method, which seemed to work for a while. I think I added three layers of tape over time, but the error kept coming back.

I understand that you've tried other SIM cards that you have available, but in my case, getting a new SIM card fixed the problem. I have not seen the error since I replaced it about three weeks ago.
HTC Device History: One (M8) DE [current] | One (M7) DE [current] | One (M7) 32GB [current] | Ace 9192 | Rhodium 300 | Kaiser 130 | Wizard 100
Samsung Device History: Note 10.1 SM-P600 [current] | Note 10.1 GT-N8013 [current] | Tab 10.1 GT-P7510
Asus Device History: Nexus 7 Flo 32GB [current] | Nexus 7 Grouper 32GB

O-rangePeels
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by user602 View Post
I was getting the no SIM error intermittently. I tried the "add tape to SIM" method, which seemed to work for a while. I think I added three layers of tape over time, but the error kept coming back.

I understand that you've tried other SIM cards that you have available, but in my case, getting a new SIM card fixed the problem. I have not seen the error since I replaced it about three weeks ago.
Yeah I tried a few, but I think i will try using a nano sim with an adapter to see if it works out. Thanks.