Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,522 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kies Restoring App Data (Game saves)

Tip us?

84tdan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Kies Restoring App Data (Game saves)

Discovered some dead pixel on my screen. Since i'm still unrooted (yeah knox is a pain in the ass) i used Kies 3 to backup my data and go for a replacement. I tried to restore everything from kies then.

So for my surprise Kies simply re installed my apps without data. Twitter, Netflix and every app that needs login information asked me for my credentials. But the worst was that all my games, some Saves with 15 plus hours, i must start from scratch.

I tried to restore a second time without success. Am i doing something wrong? Or this is it? Kies cant backup the data/cache/savegames whatever from the apps? If this is the case, kies is useless.

DeBoX
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I've actually been wondering the same thing, been looking for a decent non root backup system, that can take backups of app data (saves, login info, accounts etc)

Anyone?

WinePress
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Looking for an app for this also

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

aznmode
Old
Thanks Meter 758
Use helium. No root required but requires you connect to pc via USB to enable it on the device. I restored my game and app data with it. Although some apps I noticed still doesn't restore data but it's like only 2 to 3 apps out of my 50 so apps.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Don't forget to give thanks if I've helped you in anyway...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aznmode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]