XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Play Edition restore to Stock Samsung errors

Tip us?

Jez_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Unhappy Google Play Edition restore to Stock Samsung errors

Hello, I have an unlocked Samsung S4 GT-i9505 UK model, and would like to put it back to stock Samsung Android.

Originally on Touchwiz Android 4.2 > changed to ‘GALAXY S4 Google Play Edition 4.3 v1.3 CoOoL_BoY’, which has been working ok, but now I’d like to go back to stock Samsung Android.

I have ‘openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-jfltexx.tar’ installed on my phone.

When trying to wipe/install the latest ‘BTU-I9505XXUEMK8-20131123173333.zip’ via TWRP I encounter many errors such as ‘unable to mount system/cache/efs/modem’ etc.

I tried wiping and repairing permissions etc but whenever I try to install stock Samsung android I get an error similar to ‘Error flashing zip’.

Could this be due to using Google Play Edition VS Stock Samsung Android? Has anyone encountered this, or would be able to help?

In the meantime I had to go back to the 'Google Play Edition 4.3 v1.3 CoOoL_BoY' rom.

Many thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-13-17-13-40.png
Views:	1078
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	2483672  
Attached Files
File Type: txt recovery.txt - [Click for QR Code] (13.1 KB, 8 views)

bragra
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez_ View Post
Hello, I have an unlocked Samsung S4 GT-i9505 UK model, and would like to put it back to stock Samsung Android.

Originally on Touchwiz Android 4.2 > changed to ‘GALAXY S4 Google Play Edition 4.3 v1.3 CoOoL_BoY’, which has been working ok, but now I’d like to go back to stock Samsung Android.

I have ‘openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-jfltexx.tar’ installed on my phone.

When trying to wipe/install the latest ‘BTU-I9505XXUEMK8-20131123173333.zip’ via TWRP I encounter many errors such as ‘unable to mount system/cache/efs/modem’ etc.

I tried wiping and repairing permissions etc but whenever I try to install stock Samsung android I get an error similar to ‘Error flashing zip’.

Could this be due to using Google Play Edition VS Stock Samsung Android? Has anyone encountered this, or would be able to help?

In the meantime I had to go back to the 'Google Play Edition 4.3 v1.3 CoOoL_BoY' rom.

Many thanks
You can try this rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2250824

In the second post are the flashing instructions

Jez_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bragra View Post
You can try this rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2250824

In the second post are the flashing instructions
Yeah I tried the same stock one from this link thanks, but no joy.

Jez_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I've now restored to stock using this link http://galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-tu...ot-completely/