5,594,282 Members 43,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader" during flashing of LiquidSmooth 2.37 T999

Tip us?

xTheOne23
Old
(Last edited by xTheOne23; 1st January 2014 at 11:06 PM.) Reason: km
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader" during flashing of LiquidSmooth 2.37 T999

Assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader" showed up when I tried to flash LiquidSmooth 2.37 4.3.1 onto my T-Mobile T999. Any help please?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2313175 < same thing with mine except I'm running stock on 4.3 right now.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2315

DONATE TO ME
Did you receive and install the Stock OTA update to 4.3 ? The process to resolve your issue depends on that answer.

xTheOne23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yes I was on stock and everything was normal when I updated and installed to stock 4.3.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2315

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTheOne23 View Post
yes I was on stock and everything was normal when I updated and installed to stock 4.3.
In that case, first make sure you have the latest version of the custom recovery of your choice. If its not then update it and try. If it is latest then read on.

Best if you take the rom zip and open it on pc with winzip or similar. Then go to
/Meta-Inf/com/google/android/ folder. There you will see a file called updater script. Open it with Wordpad and NOT NOTEPAD! Inside first few lines, you will see something like
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999UVDLJA" ||
       getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999UVDLJC" ||
       getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999UVDMD5" ||
       getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999VVLDLL1" ||
       getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999LUVAMB7" ||
       getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999VVLDMF2");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
There, delete the part before

Close the file and save it back to the zip. Put the zip on your External sd card and flash via recovery.

xTheOne23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
In that case, first make sure you have the latest version of the custom recovery of your choice. If its not then update it and try. If it is latest then read on.

Best if you take the rom zip and open it on pc with winzip or similar. Then go to
/Meta-Inf/com/google/android/ folder. There you will see a file called updater script. Open it with Wordpad and NOT NOTEPAD! Inside first few lines, you will see something like
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999UVDLJA" ||
       getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999UVDLJC" ||
       getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999UVDMD5" ||
       getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999VVLDLL1" ||
       getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999LUVAMB7" ||
       getprop("ro.bootloader") == "T999VVLDMF2");
There, delete the part before

Close the file and save it back to the zip. Put the zip on your External sd card and flash via recovery.

What do you mean by version of custom recoery? Sorry, I'm a noob. And when you say delete the part before, 'show_progress((0.500000, 0);, do i delete everything before it lesving only that ?

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2315

DONATE TO ME
Yes you delete all the Assert statement before that. But before you do that, please check the Version of your Custom Recovery.

When you boot to Custom Recovery, CWM or TWRP, you will see its version at the top.

xTheOne23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Yes you delete all the Assert statement before that. But before you do that, please check the Version of your Custom Recovery.

When you boot to Custom Recovery, CWM or TWRP, you will see its version at the top.
My CWM version is 6.0.4.5.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2315

DONATE TO ME
Yes that's the correct version. You should try removing the Asserts.