Tip us?

dumbl3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] device failed enumeration Xperia S nozomi

Hi guys,

First of all happy new year everyone!

I thought new year, new MOD.. But I encountered a problem. I had previous installed a JB based mod with the DOOM kernel (I have unlocked bootloader). I wanted to do completely clean install, so I went in recovery formatted everything, system, sdcard, dalvik, cache, data. I then hold the volume up and off button untill 3 vibrations (hard reset). I let it off for 10 seconds or so, and tried to flashmode connect (volume down, pluggin usb) to flash the original JB ftf file. I had already installed the flashmode/fastboot drivers a few months ago.

So anyway, I get the USB device not recognized message in the sys tray. Also when I try to connect in Fastboot mode I get that message. When I open device manager it says 'device failed enumeration'.

One of the causes may be updating to windows 8.1? I installed the flashmode/fastboot drivers when I was still running windows 8.0 x64... But if so, what can I do? Or do you guys thing something else is wrong? Please help, because I can only boot into recovery right now, which is not really useful because the 'mount usb storage' function is not working so I cannot flash anything...

dumbl3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
So it is a windows 8.1 problem, I dual booted a windows 7 and there I can connect just fine. Am I the only one with this problem?

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app