5,595,428 Members 47,928 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XZU Screen cracked, phone unusable, Is there a way to factory restore phone with a PC

Tip us?

NuttinSpecial
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default XZU Screen cracked, phone unusable, Is there a way to factory restore phone with a PC

So somehow my screen cracked while in my pocket yesterday and i dont know how? Unless i bumped into something but i dont remember anything hard enough to cracked the screen but anyway now i cant use the phone. I bought the 2 year plan with ADH from sony so when my experience is all over ill do a review thread but for now i need to completely restore the phone to remove all my information, debit card info etc. Before i send it in. Anyone no how to do it from a computer? Because like i said the phone is unuseable. And the xperia support line is closed for the holiday. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140101_141950.jpg
Views:	1087
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	2488112  

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttinSpecial View Post
So somehow my screen cracked while in my pocket yesterday and i dont know how? Unless i bumped into something but i dont remember anything hard enough to cracked the screen but anyway now i cant use the phone. I bought the 2 year plan with ADH from sony so when my experience is all over ill do a review thread but for now i need to completely restore the phone to remove all my information, debit card info etc. Before i send it in. Anyone no how to do it from a computer? Because like i said the phone is unuseable. And the xperia support line is closed for the holiday. Any help is appreciated.
Need more info... Was the phone rooted? What rom and kernel? Was usb debugging enabled?

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

NuttinSpecial
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks View Post
Need more info... Was the phone rooted? What rom and kernel? Was usb debugging enabled?
No rooting or anything. I dont do all that fancy stuff lol. It was pretty much all stock with some apps downloaded.

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
No rooting or anything. I dont do all that fancy stuff lol. It was pretty much all stock with some apps downloaded.
Depending on your lockscreen setup try plugging into pc companion and do a repair.

If you can't get a connection cos you can't unlock the phone, then you could try an mhl cable to port the screen to a monitor and do a normal factory reset via settings menu.

If you know you have usb debugging enabled then you can use adb commands.

Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

NuttinSpecial
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks View Post
If you can't get a connection cos you can't unlock the phone, then you could try an mhl cable to port the screen to a monitor and do a normal factory reset via settings menu.
Thanks for the idea. I completely forgot i had a usb on the go adapter. I plugged it in and used a wired mouse and it worked just fine. I managed to save my pics and reset the phone. Thanks man!

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Thanks for the idea. I completely forgot i had a usb on the go adapter. I plugged it in and used a wired mouse and it worked just fine. I managed to save my pics and reset the phone. Thanks man!
Nice one. Glad it's sorted.

Stock .257 Unrooted