XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can not update to 4.4 HTC One

Tip us?

LaloArv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Can not update to 4.4 HTC One

Hi, today I got a message saying there was an update for my HTC One (unlocked, rooted, with teamwin recovery, 4.3) but every time I try to update it enters recovery and does nothing, Please if somebody knows something I can do to update it would be very helpful. This is the message I got when trying to update from the file in the reovery. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20131230-WA0000.jpg
Views:	1281
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	2485019  

fenstre
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaloArv View Post
Hi, today I got a message saying there was an update for my HTC One (unlocked, rooted, with teamwin recovery, 4.3) but every time I try to update it enters recovery and does nothing
HTC OTAs can only be installed from the stock recovery. If you really want this, you've gotta copy the OTA for safekeeping (right now it's in /sdcard/Download/OTA_*), then install stock recovery try again. If you are not prompted to install the OTA, you can boot into recovery and do it manually (using key combinations to unlock the options, which are initially hidden).
If I helped, click Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to fenstre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LaloArv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre View Post
HTC OTAs can only be installed from the stock recovery. If you really want this, you've gotta copy the OTA for safekeeping (right now it's in /sdcard/Download/OTA_*), then install stock recovery try again. If you are not prompted to install the OTA, you can boot into recovery and do it manually (using key combinations to unlock the options, which are initially hidden).
Thanks for your help!
Do you know where I can look for the stock recovery for the Htc One?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaloArv View Post
Thanks for your help!
Do you know where I can look for the stock recovery for the Htc One?
you can check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2463387

if you can't find an exact match to your firmware, then get one as close as possible; if it's not the same version, it could hang during the update procedure because it's unable to reboot, so you'll have to manually reboot using POWER + VOLDOWN, and let it continue it's work.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]