Battery Drain issue - Exchange service eating up battery

Tip us?

clickabhee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Battery Drain issue - Exchange service eating up battery

Hi All,

I have had this beautiful device Ascend P6 for more than a couple of months now. Used ROMs B107, B111, B118CN, B122 and currently on B125. I must say that this is a very good device and give me close to 12-14 hours of battery life with not so high usage.

I have configured 2 company emails using activesync on Exchange and have kept the refresh interval at 1 hour with 3 days of sync for both the emails. What bothers me is that when I check the battery usage the Exchange services takes up more than 50% of battery every time. If this can be reduced, I am sure that the battery would rock.

I have attached 4 screenshots with the battery usage config, details on exchange service and my sync settings on both the emails.

Can somebody let me know if anything can be done to make this better, or should I just stay with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-10-18-58.png
Views:	849
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	2485448   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-10-19-10.png
Views:	859
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	2485449   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-10-21-00.png
Views:	809
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	2485450   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-10-21-26.png
Views:	746
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2485451  

experto1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
The amount of transfered data is not really high but depending on the amount of contacts and calender entries it can take a long time to get it synchronized.
If you don't synch contacts and calendar every hour you will encounter more efficient battery drain.

clickabhee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Still the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by experto1 View Post
The amount of transfered data is not really high but depending on the amount of contacts and calender entries it can take a long time to get it synchronized.
If you don't synch contacts and calendar every hour you will encounter more efficient battery drain.
I did try this and it helped upto an extend so and my keep awake time for this service has reduced to half. Still the service is taking up almost 40% of battery and I think there should just be a better way of doing this.
HUAWEIAscendP6 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickabhee View Post
I did try this and it helped upto an extend so and my keep awake time for this service has reduced to half. Still the service is taking up almost 40% of battery and I think there should just be a better way of doing this.
Greenify.

warea
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Maybe you should try another app ?

Huawei Ascend P6-U06 (EMUI2.3+KitKat)

twostroker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use touchdown for exchange email,versatile and customizable...much better than stock email

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk

markgranto
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Hi All,

I have had this beautiful device Ascend P6 for more than a couple of months now. Used ROMs B107, B111, B118CN, B122 and currently on B125. I must say that this is a very good device and give me close to 12-14 hours of battery life with not so high usage.

I have configured 2 company emails using activesync on Exchange and have kept the refresh interval at 1 hour with 3 days of sync for both the emails. What bothers me is that when I check the battery usage the Exchange services takes up more than 50% of battery every time. If this can be reduced, I am sure that the battery would rock.

I have attached 4 screenshots with the battery usage config, details on exchange service and my sync settings on both the emails.

Can somebody let me know if anything can be done to make this better, or should I just stay with it.
I sync with my works exchange and have never had these issues (been on 3 different roms, currently on 122), I have it set to push, days to sync = all, sync email and calendar but not contacts. I only sync with one account though, maybe try removing one account and seeing if that helps, and then re-add and remove the other?

One issue I did have with the stock version was the lack of ability not to set a quiet time, ie weekends and at night, tried a few other apps but didn't like them as much. I just use the profiles at night to turn auto sync off, and at the weekend I just ignore the emails

I get about 2 days out my battery from full charge. I also have it syncing with hotmail, use bluetooth in the car for 2 hours a day, browsing the web etc. So i'd say i'm a mid level battery user.

The latest version of the email/exchange apps you get with the nexus 5 have been released, maybe try them? I installed them on my P6 fine, here they are here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0dzc0jxyl...6.0-893803.apk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zr55dvakxk...mailGoogle.apk

clickabhee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twostroker View Post
I use touchdown for exchange email,versatile and customizable...much better than stock email

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk
Let me try that... That is a paid app if I am not wrong

clickabhee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgranto View Post
I sync with my works exchange and have never had these issues (been on 3 different roms, currently on 122), I have it set to push, days to sync = all, sync email and calendar but not contacts. I only sync with one account though, maybe try removing one account and seeing if that helps, and then re-add and remove the other?

One issue I did have with the stock version was the lack of ability not to set a quiet time, ie weekends and at night, tried a few other apps but didn't like them as much. I just use the profiles at night to turn auto sync off, and at the weekend I just ignore the emails

I get about 2 days out my battery from full charge. I also have it syncing with hotmail, use bluetooth in the car for 2 hours a day, browsing the web etc. So i'd say i'm a mid level battery user.

The latest version of the email/exchange apps you get with the nexus 5 have been released, maybe try them? I installed them on my P6 fine, here they are here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0dzc0jxyl...6.0-893803.apk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zr55dvakxk...mailGoogle.apk
Let me download them and install. Hopefully they will be better than the default mail app. Still not sure, if I should go with this or the Touchdown

markgranto
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Let me download them and install. Hopefully they will be better than the default mail app. Still not sure, if I should go with this or the Touchdown
I found it used far much more battery and data than the default app. Loads of extra addons in it, but for me I just want to check emails, reply etc. Nothing fancy.