[Q] SDCard Blank or format

Tip us?

aaronlippold
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink [Q] SDCard Blank or format

Hello,

Just re-flashed my S3 with a 4.4 ROM - ODIN - from a CM Nightly - 01 JAN 14 - and for some reason the ROM doesn't like the sdcard formatting.

Googl'ing about has not yielded any results, anyone had this issue or something similar?

Thanks,

Aaron

k0s/actual
Old
(Last edited by k0s/actual; 2nd January 2014 at 10:35 PM.) Reason: mispelling crap
Thanks Meter 1
I saw something somewhere (sorry cant recall exactly) person with same/similar question and that a reformat did the job. I want to say they reformated to fat32. (universal catch-all IMO) I just wrestled down the ridiculous root process for the 4.3 upgrade, so formated a couple of sd cards to see what if anything popped up at me. ext2/no (micro and sd10) , ext4/spotty (micro sd/yes, sd10/no) , fat32/yes (micro and sd10)

I just migrated to sprint from verizon so still getting my feet wet with /dev/d2spr. Im no stranger to the bootloader/bypass/bullsh*#, so knox and what they are trying to accomplish with making sprint more enterprise friendly may be some source of further exploration into why changes are here and moving forward.

For we linux-minded / gparted is just a right click and refresh away... hope this helps. just remember to refresh encryption efforts (if applies to you) Some crypts are friendlier to some formats than others. dont want to think something is secured when it isn't ....anymore.

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23824

DONATE TO ME
Questions and Help issues go in Q&A and Help section
Thread moved
Thanks
FNSM

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here