[Help] How can I create 2 partitions?

Search This thread

uz-20

Jun 16, 2013
Islamabad
Hi all,

Title says it all, how can I create 2 partitions on SD-Card? My SD-Card is Transcend 16 GB class 4 card. As one thread says like this:

uploadfromtaptalk1388637224364.jpg

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

s,.. u can

first of alll...copy ur sdcard into ur lap r computer...(as partitioning deletes all the data)
Go to recovery->advanced -> partition ->select ext3(1024mb i.e 1gb or 512mb as pic says) AND select swap(65 mb)its nothing bt sd-cache
better use Voltage:cowboy control as 3rd party app for oc its better than Setcpu
:cowboy::eek:

Reactions: uz-20

uz-20

Jun 16, 2013
Islamabad
Thanks! but...

first of alll...copy ur sdcard into ur lap r computer...(as partitioning deletes all the data)
Go to recovery->advanced -> partition ->select ext3(1024mb i.e 1gb or 512mb as pic says) AND select swap(65 mb)its nothing bt sd-cache
better use Voltage:cowboy control as 3rd party app for oc its better than Setcpu

Thanks, that helped. But, while installing HTC sense 5.0 on HTC Explorer, the instructions said:

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach...4cbcce80730bf/52c50238/2/4/8/8/8/4/8/help.PNG

What does he mean by "create 2 Sd-Ext Partitions ext4/ext3 on your sd-card"?
I create 1GB sd-ext partition, what about the 2nd partition? What is 2nd Partition and how to assign 1GB space to it? :confused:. I am using TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.0.

Attachments

• help.PNG
    help.PNG
    37.9 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
Thanks, that helped. But, while installing HTC sense 5.0 on HTC Explorer, the instructions said:

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach...4cbcce80730bf/52c50238/2/4/8/8/8/4/8/help.PNG

I create 1GB sd-ext partition, what about the 2nd partition? What is 2nd Partition and how to assign 1GB space to it? :confused:. I am using TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.0.

Simply use minitool or any partition wizard..

Connect your card through a card reader.. Open the wizard..

Select your card you can see the drive letter of it..

Select that drive delete it..

Now create the a new partition of 1gb ext2/ext4 for 1st partition.

same step for 2nd partiton..

Then remaining format it as fat32.. You will get two partitions..

D

Deleted member 5071266

You'll need 2 sdext partitions because one of the partitions will be used as SD-SYSTEM and the other would be used as SD-DATA. Most of the apps and data will be stored on these partitions instead of the internal memory on our pico which is very small. This way, you won't need any memory increasing scripts and will have plenty of space for apps. If you have enough space, you can even flash full GAPPS.

1.Open MiniTool. Locate your SDcard on the list.
2.Right-click and delete. Right-click again and create.
3.Create two partitions of atleast 1GB each, type primary (not logical), and file system ext4/ext3 (ext4 recommended).
4.Use all of the remaining space to create another partition with file system FAT32, type primary.
5.Apply.

Last edited by a moderator:

uz-20

Jun 16, 2013
Islamabad
Problem solved!

You'll need 2 sdext partitions because one of the partitions will be used as SD-SYSTEM and the other would be used as SD-DATA. Most of the apps and data will be stored on these partitions instead of the internal memory on our pico which is very small. This way, you won't need any memory increasing scripts and will have plenty of space for apps. If you have enough space, you can even flash full GAPPS.

3.Create two partitions of atleast 1GB each, type primary (not logical), and file system ext4/ext3 (ext4 recommended).
4.Use all of the remaining space to create another partition with file system FAT32, type primary.
5.Apply.

This completely solves my problem. Thanks, #4 & #5. :)

Last edited:

viber.ua

Sep 5, 2011

5.Apply.

Hello i have problem with partition. If i made first two partition ext4 and last one fat32 even in partition wizard i see message that fat partition have to be first because system will not see it. In twrp when i insert this card i can't mount sd card, and sd-ext too.
May be need to install first fat 32 then two ext4 partitions?

leafwarbler

Dec 8, 2015
Hi all,

Title says it all, how can I create 2 partitions on SD-Card? My SD-Card is Transcend 16 GB class 4 card. As one thread says like this:

View attachment 2488718

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

Minitool partition wizard is a good choice to you. You can resize a partition and then there is an unallocated space, right click to choose Create Partition. In the window, you can decide the partition label, drive letter, files system and the partition size. For the 2nd partition, you can do the same operation, or you can use Split Partition function, which can take space from one partition to create another new partition. It is very easy to operate and efficient.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s,.. u can

Simply use minitool or any partition wizard..

Connect your card through a card reader.. Open the wizard..

Select your card you can see the drive letter of it..

Select that drive delete it..

Now create the a new partition of 1gb ext2/ext4 for 1st partition.

same step for 2nd partiton..

Then remaining format it as fat32.. You will get two partitions..
    D
    Deleted member 5071266

5.Apply.