[Q] HTC One Stock Camera

Tip us?

bl4zing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] HTC One Stock Camera

Hello guys,

i just looked a video about the htc ones slow motion function. I^ve tried it with the cyanogenmod 11 build in camera, but it crashes when i chose hdr and i cant find the slowmo function, so i`m looking for the htc ones stock camera app. Ive already tried to search it via google but without any results. Are there any possibilitys to install the 4.3 stock Camera on cm 11?

Thanks a lot!

Mihir1997
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4zing View Post
Hello guys,

i just looked a video about the htc ones slow motion function. I^ve tried it with the cyanogenmod 11 build in camera, but it crashes when i chose hdr and i cant find the slowmo function, so i`m looking for the htc ones stock camera app. Ive already tried to search it via google but without any results. Are there any possibilitys to install the 4.3 stock Camera on cm 11?

Thanks a lot!
Sorry to disappoint, but this is not possible. The HTC Camera app uses code that is a part of HTC's Sense UI. Without a stock Sense Rom, you cannot install the Sense Camera, which is a shame.

The biggest problem is that the code related to the camera app is not open source, so Devs cannot really use it to port the app to AOSP/CM roms.

Hopefully some genius dev will be able to replicate the function of the required code, and port over the camera, but it is not really a priority for any of them right now.

Thanks to Driodmaster92

Thanks to mrjaydee82
The Following User Says Thank You to Mihir1997 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bl4zing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihir1997 View Post
Sorry to disappoint, but this is not possible. The HTC Camera app uses code that is a part of HTC's Sense UI. Without a stock Sense Rom, you cannot install the Sense Camera, which is a shame.

The biggest problem is that the code related to the camera app is not open source, so Devs cannot really use it to port the app to AOSP/CM roms.

Hopefully some genius dev will be able to replicate the function of the required code, and port over the camera, but it is not really a priority for any of them right now.

oh, well, i allready thaught so..

it seems, that the camera app is a vergy good work from htc. As i heard, it comes with the best slowmo quality until now.. what should i do now? are there any better ways then taking the stock rom? I really like the design of 4.4 , but the batterylife decrease slightly. I think i would take a custom rom with sense, so i can delete some stock roms. Is that possible?

Mihir1997
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
oh, well, i allready thaught so..

it seems, that the camera app is a vergy good work from htc. As i heard, it comes with the best slowmo quality until now.. what should i do now? are there any better ways then taking the stock rom? I really like the design of 4.4 , but the batterylife decrease slightly. I think i would take a custom rom with sense, so i can delete some stock roms. Is that possible?
I think you meant you would delete/replace some of the stock apps on a rooted Sense rom... Am I correct?

If so, yes. I personally would vouch for ViperOne. The team is super amazing. They have quick, over-the-air updates, and their rom is rock solid stable.To delete apps, you can use Rom Cleaner (just search the XDA forums in the general android development) I can provide links 2morrow when I get back home bcoz my phone doesn't show the XDA search bar lol.

But an even better approach than removing apps yourself is to Use Eragon Rom. I have a link here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=eragon
The developer removed the sense launcher and everything, but kept some apps like the camera, gallery, dialer, and sound equalizer. It is pretty smooth, and tbh, the Dev is a nice, helpful guy.

Hope I helped

Thanks to Driodmaster92

Thanks to mrjaydee82
The Following User Says Thank You to Mihir1997 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bl4zing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihir1997 View Post
I think you meant you would delete/replace some of the stock apps on a rooted Sense rom... Am I correct?

If so, yes. I personally would vouch for ViperOne. The team is super amazing. They have quick, over-the-air updates, and their rom is rock solid stable.To delete apps, you can use Rom Cleaner (just search the XDA forums in the general android development) I can provide links 2morrow when I get back home bcoz my phone doesn't show the XDA search bar lol.

But an even better approach than removing apps yourself is to Use Eragon Rom. I have a link here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=eragon
The developer removed the sense launcher and everything, but kept some apps like the camera, gallery, dialer, and sound equalizer. It is pretty smooth, and tbh, the Dev is a nice, helpful guy.

Hope I helped
Perfect! I really like the eragon rom! I would like to try out some things of the galery app but its okay. I am happy with that rom. Thanks a lot.

Mihir1997
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Perfect! I really like the eragon rom! I would like to try out some things of the galery app but its okay. I am happy with that rom. Thanks a lot.
I do believe Eragon has the HTC gallery app as well. In fact, I am sure, because it supports HTC Zoe, which requires the HTC gallery.

Thanks to Driodmaster92

Thanks to mrjaydee82