Tip us?

keith456
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] questions on the v500

Hi
about to buy the the black version of the lgv500 (gpad 8.3) got a few questions

1. how do i know the device is original /authentic ?
2.any software or material(build quality etc) issues with v500 (personal experience) ?
3. on this tablet is it possible to flash the google edtion of the rom onto the tablet ?
4.does the tablet lose the ir blaster (remote control functionality on the google edtion?

thanks ,
was going to buy a note 8.0 but heard it had stacks of software instability issues

alfuh
Old
(Last edited by alfuh; 3rd January 2014 at 05:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I'll see if I can chip in... I have a black v500

1. Ummm look for LG logo? Buy from reputable source. Not sure what you're looking for here
2. Some people have reported a blue line on the border of the screen. I've seen a few people who reported light bleed as well. (No issues at all with mine and many others around here)
3. Short answer: no. Not now. Someone has it in alpha version right now, but it cannot really be used... Only for testing at this point. There are a few AOSP ROMs such as CM, PA, AOKP and Mahdi ROM all running though.
4. The hardware is identical, but the app is bundled by LG so I believe that means you are looking for a third party solution... Someone would have to verify this one though.

Hope that helps

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to alfuh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

keith456
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
thank you so much for your reply
in regards to question 1 its so i know whether the product i buy is real as i intend to buy the black version ( these days as you know there are fake tablets etc which look and almost act like the real stuff ) online as the white version is only available in Australia.
Also what region r u from or where did u get your v500 ,cause when i looked this up on xda sounds like a region specific issue.

lastly based on your day to day usage does the v500 heat up easily with light -heavy usage ? and how often are u charging your v500 (in terms of standby)

alfuh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Glad to help out.

I got my tablet from Newegg.com

I have had the top of the device (when in portrait) heat up a but when playing graphically intense video games. That's the only time I've noticed it.

I can get away with charging it every other day with moderate usage. If I do some gaming during the day I normally throw it on the charger at night just to be positive I make it through the next day.

Cheers

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app