XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No keyboard, perfectly useless Note II

Tip us?

a_skyll
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation No keyboard, perfectly useless Note II

I don't normally need to make threads but I had Swiftkey Keyboard on my phone and it would not stay as my default. I went into
yboar
data/data/touchtype.swiftkey,apk/lib/ and THOUGHT I copied to system/lib

I restart phone and the the swiftkey keyboard is default. Awesome.

Now.

No keyboard works. Nothing.

Currently downloading stock rom and flashing just to restore correct keyboard settings. I ****ed up. And the fact that I couldn't input wifi password, samsung account, google account, any****ingthing reminds me until I fix it.

Help?

altimuh
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_skyll View Post
I don't normally need to make threads but I had Swiftkey Keyboard on my phone and it would not stay as my default. I went into
yboar
data/data/touchtype.swiftkey,apk/lib/ and THOUGHT I copied to system/lib

I restart phone and the the swiftkey keyboard is default. Awesome.

Now.

No keyboard works. Nothing.

Currently downloading stock rom and flashing just to restore correct keyboard settings. I ****ed up. And the fact that I couldn't input wifi password, samsung account, google account, any****ingthing reminds me until I fix it.

Help?

What is your phone status: stock, stock and rooted, or rooted with a custom ROM?

If you're rooted, personally, when I have problems, I like to go back to stock and start from there.

I would recommend doing this:
Backup everything to your PC (both internal and external)

After you do that go back to stock. Make sure you download the keep root file as well. Follow the directions on that page. (Tip - don't wipe cache after flashing those two files in recovery!!)

If you're not rooted, back up everything, and do a factory reset.

a_skyll
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by altimuh View Post
What is your phone status: stock, stock and rooted, or rooted with a custom ROM?

If you're rooted, personally, when I have problems, I like to go back to stock and start from there.

I would recommend doing this:
Backup everything to your PC (both internal and external)

After you do that go back to stock. Make sure you download the keep root file as well. Follow the directions on that page. (Tip - don't wipe cache after flashing those two files in recovery!!)

If you're not rooted, back up everything, and do a factory reset.
I have stock rom-rooted. Downloading the MC2 file now. Don't get all hateful, but messing with my phone today, I realized Swype works. But I'm kind of errie about the keyboard deal? Initially before the factory reset, I still had Swiftkey but I could not get it to come up. Thus, I'm here.

altimuh
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
I have stock rom-rooted. Downloading the MC2 file now. Don't get all hateful, but messing with my phone today, I realized Swype works. But I'm kind of errie about the keyboard deal? Initially before the factory reset, I still had Swiftkey but I could not get it to come up. Thus, I'm here.
No worries - that's what this community is for!

I hate when things aren't consistent - and usually when that happens I start back at the beginning.

Let us know how its going with your phone, including what you've done. That way we can give more help if you need it.
The Following User Says Thank You to altimuh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a_skyll
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay. Upon file download, I couldn't even move it to my sdcard so I pushed it via ADB after renaming file only to get "E: Can't open /data/media/m2cstock.zip (bad) so I read and read and I have since tried to get swiftkey back to see it'll stay as my default and it is, so I believe I'll let the issue die. I read a few days ago about a guy who had his note 2 dual booting different roms and overclocking and undervolting and blah blah blah and it's the reason I'm here. but I read, read, read and see 20 problems for the same issue and back off. haha. I over clock my note 2 but the very first time I tried a different rom, it got stuck in a boot loop. Some day. maybe tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

altimuh
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Okay. Upon file download, I couldn't even move it to my sdcard so I pushed it via ADB after renaming file only to get "E: Can't open /data/media/m2cstock.zip (bad) so I read and read and I have since tried to get swiftkey back to see it'll stay as my default and it is, so I believe I'll let the issue die. I read a few days ago about a guy who had his note 2 dual booting different roms and overclocking and undervolting and blah blah blah and it's the reason I'm here. but I read, read, read and see 20 problems for the same issue and back off. haha. I over clock my note 2 but the very first time I tried a different rom, it got stuck in a boot loop. Some day. maybe tomorrow. Thanks for your help!
Ok - I'm not really sure what your phone's status is (whether you're in a bootloop or not....)

It sounds like you really need to start all over. Here are two (For either method, please verify your downloads by checking the MD5 checksum.)

• 1. If you have a custom recovery (like CWM - ClockWorkMod, or TWRP) then you can flash this file via recovery:

Go back to stock. Make sure you download the keep root file as well. Follow the directions on that page. (Tip - don't wipe cache after flashing those two files in recovery!!)
Download both files directly to your phone and check the MD5 checksum before flashing. A file explorer like ES File Explorer will show the checksum if you long press on the file and go to more/properties and click Show Checksum. Compare this value with what the value is supposed to be on the download page (where you're getting the file from on the internet).
or......
  • 2. If you don't have a custom recovery
You'll need to download Odin (flashing tool) to your computer and extract all the files.
Then go to this page: [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock) - SXTP Developers. Read all the instructions, but you'll want to use this file: SPH-L900_MA7_Rooted_Restore.exe [Mirror1] (ERASES user data & internal memory)
Again check the md5 checksum. I use the small program found at http://www.winmd5.com/ to do that. Download the program and install. Then drag and drop the file that you want to verify to the top of the window. It will calculate the md5 checksum for you. The copy and paste the actual md5 found on the download page (where you're getting the file from on the internet). Click verify and it will tell you if they match or not.
I hope one of those methods work for you!