XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help going back to stock 4.1.2

Tip us?

Robert1989
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help going back to stock 4.1.2

My friend asked me to flash his samsung galaxy s3 from virgin mobile back to 4.1.2 stock, he updated to 4.3 but its having a lot of troubles with the apps and stuff, I couldnt find a forum featuring the virgin brand here, but it seems to be the same model as sprint SPH-L710. Now I cant find the correct stock rom for his phone and a noob friendly guide to do it using odin. Im not new to flashing but I havent done it in a while and besides I always did it on my samsung galaxy S from tmobile which it has its own forum and everything was at hand and i was always sure I was using the correct files. Can someone point me in the right direction to find all I need to make a nice flashing? His device its unrooted and he doesnt want to root, he also has de 16 gb model if that makes any difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	l710.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	2490860  

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1989 View Post
My friend asked me to flash his samsung galaxy s3 from virgin mobile back to 4.1.2 stock, he updated to 4.3 but its having a lot of troubles with the apps and stuff, I couldnt find a forum featuring the virgin brand here, but it seems to be the same model as sprint SPH-L710. Now I cant find the correct stock rom for his phone and a noob friendly guide to do it using odin. Im not new to flashing but I havent done it in a while and besides I always did it on my samsung galaxy S from tmobile which it has its own forum and everything was at hand and i was always sure I was using the correct files. Can someone point me in the right direction to find all I need to make a nice flashing? His device its unrooted and he doesnt want to root, he also has de 16 gb model if that makes any difference.
If he Updated to 4.3 he's pretty much stuck with it, You cannot at the present time downgrade to 4.1.2 . If you try to downgrade the Bootloader you will have a very expensive paperweight, But you can Root 4.3 . If he changes his mind , and wants to Root it. THIS is one of the methods people are using to root 4.3 . Also there is another HERE. But before doing anything I would suggest a bit of reading, and research .
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robert1989
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
If he Updated to 4.3 he's pretty much stuck with it, You cannot at the present time downgrade to 4.1.2 . If you try to downgrade the Bootloader you will have a very expensive paperweight, But you can Root 4.3 . If he changes his mind , and wants to Root it. THIS is one of the methods people are using to root 4.3 . Also there is another HERE. But before doing anything I would suggest a bit of reading, and research .
Yes I continued my research last night and found out about knox, I already told him about it, too bad, but im sure people will find a way to beat samsung or whoever developed that in the future, one can only hope, thanks for your answer.