5,605,187 Members 37,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not detecting Sim, Baseband unknown.

Tip us?

rejikumarrv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Not detecting Sim, Baseband unknown.

My GT-i9003 on GB 2.3.4 (XXKPE) fails to detect sim card. IMEI is blank. Baseband shows unknown. Not sure what caused this. It was on official firmware, and was not rooted. Few things I did a day before this were
(1) Used a different sim card (worked properly) and switched back to the old one (worked again, till the next day)
(2) Tried different memory cards, just to check the contents, and switched to the old one.
(3) Once while switching memory card, I forgot to shutdown the phone and directly removed the battery.

After this also, I was able to use the phone without any issues for another 15 to 20 hours. Some observations and repair attempts from my side
(1) Kies is not able to connect to the phone. It stays in "connecting" loop. No error message as such.
(2) Kies "re-initialize" doesn't seem to support GT-i9003
(3) Attempted toggling "flight mode" though it was not ON. Now the device went into an eternal flight mode.
(4) Restored nv_data.bin from .nv_data.bak
(5) Installed CWM using Odin, and rooted the phone
(6) Installed CyanogenMod (11-20131201) successfully. But still the IMEI is unknown and sim is not detected.
(7) Battery seems to get discharged much quickly (both in CM and the official one, after the issue was noticed)
(8) Phone is not under warranty now.

I am thinking of restoring the official firmware. I could not find XXKPE files available for download anywhere (all are hotfiles links, which is closed now). Is there any higher version (India/Asia) I can directly install without going through XXKPE? Kindly provide the procedure as well. Please let me know if there is some other approach as well to restore the IMEI.
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to rejikumarrv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

swapnilpx
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejikumarrv View Post
My GT-i9003 on GB 2.3.4 (XXKPE) fails to detect sim card. IMEI is blank. Baseband shows unknown. Not sure what caused this. It was on official firmware, and was not rooted. Few things I did a day before this were
(1) Used a different sim card (worked properly) and switched back to the old one (worked again, till the next day)
(2) Tried different memory cards, just to check the contents, and switched to the old one.
(3) Once while switching memory card, I forgot to shutdown the phone and directly removed the battery.

After this also, I was able to use the phone without any issues for another 15 to 20 hours. Some observations and repair attempts from my side
(1) Kies is not able to connect to the phone. It stays in "connecting" loop. No error message as such.
(2) Kies "re-initialize" doesn't seem to support GT-i9003
(3) Attempted toggling "flight mode" though it was not ON. Now the device went into an eternal flight mode.
(4) Restored nv_data.bin from .nv_data.bak
(5) Installed CWM using Odin, and rooted the phone
(6) Installed CyanogenMod (11-20131201) successfully. But still the IMEI is unknown and sim is not detected.
(7) Battery seems to get discharged much quickly (both in CM and the official one, after the issue was noticed)
(8) Phone is not under warranty now.

I am thinking of restoring the official firmware. I could not find XXKPE files available for download anywhere (all are hotfiles links, which is closed now). Is there any higher version (India/Asia) I can directly install without going through XXKPE? Kindly provide the procedure as well. Please let me know if there is some other approach as well to restore the IMEI.
Thanks
hey here is a link for all GB versions... but most are hotfiles links.. but there are other links too ... and u can flash 2.3.6 .. u can try xxkpq .. coz its not hotfile link.. herez the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post12310841 and for how flash it u can see this as referance link - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6hTuW...le&guid=&gl=IN

hit thanx if i helped
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swapnilpx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shahzeb420
Old
Thanks Meter 1
( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2428015 )this will recover your EFS folder (Where IMEI file is placed)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app