5,600,335 Members 35,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not sure why my phone is bricked...

Tip us?

jonno.n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Not sure why my phone is bricked...

I was using the Cyanogenmod that recently went out to the Google Play market. I decided to go back to stock and tried to do a Firmware recovery in Samsung Kies. It all seemed to go fine but when it's time to start up I just hang on the Samsung logo.

I've been trying to fix it and even used Odin to flash a stock ROM (latest release from November 19th) which was successful, but I am still not having any luck getting the phone to start. It's just hanging every time I restart.

Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I hate to be such a noob but I could really use a few pointers.

Thanks so much

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 371
Do a factory reset in recovery

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

jonno.n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Do a factory reset in recovery

I don't have the stock recovery or I can't access it I think. When I hold the Vol Down + Home and power it on I get the screen that says to hit Vol Up to continue. When I do that I don't have any options, just the "Downloading" screen. It also says "Odin Mode" at the top

jonno.n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno.n View Post
I don't have the stock recovery or I can't access it I think. When I hold the Vol Down + Home and power it on I get the screen that says to hit Vol Up to continue. When I do that I don't have any options, just the "Downloading" screen. It also says "Odin Mode" at the top
ah I see my own error. I need to use Vol Up + Home to get recovery. Trying out the suggestion now. Will report. Thank you so much for responding

jonno.n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
ah I see my own error. I need to use Vol Up + Home to get recovery. Trying out the suggestion now. Will report. Thank you so much for responding
Factory Reset didn't work.

The last thing I flashed using Odin was this: T999UVUEMJC_T999TMBEMJC_TMB

Not sure if that makes any difference.

jonno.n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Factory Reset didn't work.

The last thing I flashed using Odin was this: T999UVUEMJC_T999TMBEMJC_TMB

Not sure if that makes any difference.
OMG after a very long boot it finally worked. Thank you so so so so much! I really was sad I bricked my phone!!!

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 371
Yeah that first boot can sometimes take a while, nice to see you got it working

metroidnemesis13
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Yeah that first boot can sometimes take a while, nice to see you got it working

Any time you do a factory reset or flash a new ROM it may take 5 to 10 minutes, and this is pretty standard. The reason why is it is booting deodexed instead of odexed I believe. The distinction is clarified in the link below.

Please see "Deodex is Slower, Then Why Bother?":

http://www.redmondpie.com/odexed-vs-...oms-explained/

Everyone started out a noob here. The difference is that some of them persisted. Keep up the tinkering .
Nokia 918 > Nokia 2600b > iPhone 3G 16 GB > MyTouch 3G (ver 1) > iPhone 3G S > Nexus One > Samsung Vibrant/HTC HD2 > Nexus S/HTC HD2/iPhone 4 > Galaxy S II i9100/Samsung Focus > Galaxy Nexus/Omnia 7

Mint Galaxy Nexus is available for trade for Grey One X!! PM me and we'll start a thread.