Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 38,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Worth update from galaxy note 1 n7000?

Tip us?

salvakachu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Worth update from galaxy note 1 n7000?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anybody here come from a galaxy note 1, and if yes, if thinks the update was worth it or not.
Thanks!

20degrees
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I came from a note 3.

Will not really. My wife has a note 3 and I had to help her get it setup and I couldn't wait to not have to mess with it any longer. 😁

This is a refresh for a Samsung user. Give it a try for a week, you'll love it. ✊

LG G2

khaytsus
Old
Thanks Meter 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvakachu View Post
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anybody here come from a galaxy note 1, and if yes, if thinks the update was worth it or not.
Thanks!
I went from i717 (ATT Note 1) and the G2 is much faster, battery life is much better.

The screen is more narrow, but almost the same height. I moved everything from my Note to the G2 and found some things were a bit squished or had to remove a column on the G2 but day to day use it's fine, and probably a little easier to use.

The buttons are really dumb, but the G2's "knock" on feature (tap twice on the screen to wake it) works good and I never use the power button. I've rarely messed with volume buttons, I let Tasker manage that for me.

Camera is much better, although I am having problems with any kind of close up being out of focus and if using flash, the picture being blown out. But that might be strictly an AOSP camera issue, and I'm talking 4-5 inches from the camera, normal distances are fine.

As as I mentioned, battery life is insanely better. I've gotten 60 hours off the charger at home on wifi with about 70 minutes screen-on time and yesterday at work at noon instead of the Note being around 65% at lunch time the G2 was at 92%.

It's a massive upgrade spec-wise and it's cheap if you have an upgrade available. Otherwise, you might look at the Nexus 5, it's very similar.
AT&T LG G2 - 4.4.4, AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.4, AOKP (m-kernel)
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com

fumiga
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I think that if you are happy whit your phone it doesn´t whorth it.

But if you want to change hell yeah.

People are changing their Note 3 for this and fell happy about it, i suppose with the Note it will be even better.

paniro187
Old
Thanks Meter 87
At this point I would wait to see what's about to drop in the next couple points

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Esteef
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Default Former Galaxy / Note lover....

I have used almost every generation Samsung device.

- Epic 4G
- Galaxy 2
- Galaxy 3
- Galaxy Note 2
- Galaxy Note 3

I finally got sick of touchwiz and a bunch of other stuff not worth mentioning and leaped for the LG G2 (T-Mobile)

I believe this phone is far more superior than the Note 3 in every way. AMAZING battery life, beautiful IPS display, the slim design for being a 5" screen, 13MP Cam w/ OIS, and for those camera enthusiasts.... MANUAL FOCUS !

When I found out this camera had a Manual Focus option, I was blown away.......

Get this phone, you won't regret it.
Phone LG Nexus 4 E960
Rom : PARANOIDANDROID 4.2.2 / Franco.Kernel r172
1.5 Ghz S4 Pro