Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Worth update from galaxy note 1 n7000?

OP salvakachu

3rd January 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anybody here come from a galaxy note 1, and if yes, if thinks the update was worth it or not.
Thanks!
3rd January 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #2  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 156

763 posts
I came from a note 3.

Will not really. My wife has a note 3 and I had to help her get it setup and I couldn't wait to not have to mess with it any longer. 😁

This is a refresh for a Samsung user. Give it a try for a week, you'll love it. ✊

LG G2
3rd January 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #3  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,121

7,019 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvakachu

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anybody here come from a galaxy note 1, and if yes, if thinks the update was worth it or not.
Thanks!

I went from i717 (ATT Note 1) and the G2 is much faster, battery life is much better.

The screen is more narrow, but almost the same height. I moved everything from my Note to the G2 and found some things were a bit squished or had to remove a column on the G2 but day to day use it's fine, and probably a little easier to use.

The buttons are really dumb, but the G2's "knock" on feature (tap twice on the screen to wake it) works good and I never use the power button. I've rarely messed with volume buttons, I let Tasker manage that for me.

Camera is much better, although I am having problems with any kind of close up being out of focus and if using flash, the picture being blown out. But that might be strictly an AOSP camera issue, and I'm talking 4-5 inches from the camera, normal distances are fine.

As as I mentioned, battery life is insanely better. I've gotten 60 hours off the charger at home on wifi with about 70 minutes screen-on time and yesterday at work at noon instead of the Note being around 65% at lunch time the G2 was at 92%.

It's a massive upgrade spec-wise and it's cheap if you have an upgrade available. Otherwise, you might look at the Nexus 5, it's very similar.
3rd January 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

18 posts
More
I think that if you are happy whit your phone it doesn´t whorth it.

But if you want to change hell yeah.

People are changing their Note 3 for this and fell happy about it, i suppose with the Note it will be even better.
3rd January 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 91

695 posts
At this point I would wait to see what's about to drop in the next couple points

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd January 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 57

179 posts
Former Galaxy / Note lover....
I have used almost every generation Samsung device.

- Epic 4G
- Galaxy 2
- Galaxy 3
- Galaxy Note 2
- Galaxy Note 3

I finally got sick of touchwiz and a bunch of other stuff not worth mentioning and leaped for the LG G2 (T-Mobile)

I believe this phone is far more superior than the Note 3 in every way. AMAZING battery life, beautiful IPS display, the slim design for being a 5" screen, 13MP Cam w/ OIS, and for those camera enthusiasts.... MANUAL FOCUS !

When I found out this camera had a Manual Focus option, I was blown away.......

Get this phone, you won't regret it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread