5,598,718 Members 36,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with HellKat 4.4.2!

Tip us?

nossmeet
Old
(Last edited by nossmeet; 1st January 2014 at 12:55 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help with HellKat 4.4.2!

Hey, I just installed my first ROM, and I cannot seem to get the dialer to work. Whenever I try to open it, it force closes, and "android.process.acore has stopped" keeps appearing. Any help? I wiped everything as shown in the thread, and I tried to restore my contacts using Titanium Backup, and I think that may have been the problem. No one else on the thread reports this problem, it seems. Everything else seems to work.

asimowalk
Old
(Last edited by asimowalk; 1st January 2014 at 06:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
What Android version did you come from before HellKat? I think there's sometimes issues restoring things from previous versions of Android.

It may also be another app... I did a quick Google search and things like Facebook and Hotmail came up, removed and all was well again.

nossmeet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I came from stock 4.1.2 rooted, I'm guessing this means I can't restore JellyBean system data/apps, only from other KitKat ROMs?

asimowalk
Old
(Last edited by asimowalk; 1st January 2014 at 11:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nossmeet View Post
I came from stock 4.1.2 rooted, I'm guessing this means I can't restore JellyBean system data/apps, only from other KitKat ROMs?
Before I continue, disclaimer, I'm not a dev or anything. I'm just trying to help with what I've picked up over my time here.

Hopefully you followed the nandroid step. Go back to your stock ROM and have Google backup your contacts. It's never let me down in restoring my contacts on a new ROM.

Sorry for the confusion, but yeah, it's a bad idea backing up system apps, especially with the changes to the dialer (among other things) in Kitkat. Games and other apps should be fine, though.

nossmeet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by asimowalk View Post
Before I continue, disclaimer, I'm not a dev or anything. I'm just trying to help with what I've picked up over my time here.

Hopefully you followed the nandroid step. Go back to your stock ROM and have Google backup your contacts. It's never let me down in restoring my contacts on a new ROM.

Sorry for the confusion, but yeah, it's a bad idea backing up system apps, especially with the changes to the dialer (among other things) in Kitkat. Games and other apps should be fine, though.
Yeah, I made a backup, so now I'm back to stock rooted. Thanks for the help, I'll keep that in mind when flashing back to HellKat.

alanjames01
Old
Thanks Meter 38
What recovery are you using and what gapps package?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket i727 running Beanstalk 4.4