5,593,401 Members 36,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] Samsung note 10.1 (2014) benchmark info needed

Tip us?

h1a8
Old
(Last edited by h1a8; 2nd January 2014 at 08:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Help] Samsung note 10.1 (2014) benchmark info needed

I'm helping to test different devices for chess speed. Here is where we post the results:
http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic...544262&t=43212

I need you guys help as we need info on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Wi-Fi or 3G version only. Not LTE version.

Please may you post the benchmark for this device here so that we can update the list.

Here's the directions :

1) Install Droidfish:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tero.droidfish

2) Clear all apps in background (hold home and swipe them away) and then run droidfish.

3) Press the menu button, invoke "Settings", choose "Threads" and select "Automatic", and then press back button to get back to chess board.

4) There is button with label "M" below chess board. Press it and choose "Analysis Mode". Analysis will start. Keep it running for about 1 minute.

5) After 1 minute passed, read and record the "nps:" number at bottom of the screen. This is the measurement I'm interested in. This value is a number of positions searched per second (in thousands). The higher the better.

6) To force program to stop thinking, press "M" button again, choose "Two players" so that analysis will stop. Post the results here with rom information. Stock rom is preferable but other roms are welcomed.

Thank you!

h1a8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Does anyone have this tablet? There are over 170 views of this thread. No one willing to help?

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1a8 View Post
Does anyone have this tablet? There are over 170 views of this thread. No one willing to help?
Personally, I'm not will to load things I'm not familiar with on to my devices to run tests I've never heard of for XDA members with low post and thanks counts. Apparently, I'm not alone in my thinking by the lack of response to your request.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a.demarco
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Yeah, no thanks...
Current Phone - Samsung Galaxy S4 MDK build. Rooted and loki'd, currently running Hyperdrive RLS14 ROM
Current Tablet - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P600) MK1 build. Rooted & debloated, stock ROM

"In order to gain respect, one must earn it first."

h1a8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Personally, I'm not will to load things I'm not familiar with on to my devices to run tests I've never heard of for XDA members with low post and thanks counts. Apparently, I'm not alone in my thinking by the lack of response to your request.
It's a chess app on play store. You can look at the reviews. It's based off the stockfish chess engine, one of the strongest engines in the world. I have opened several other threads on different devices and people posted the results right away. Computer chess is a hobby that me and many others share. We are composing the list so that we can determine the best mobile device for chess analysis. The note 10.1 2014 is the main device we are most eager to know about. So far ipad air is strongest for chess.

jonrobertd
Old
(Last edited by jonrobertd; 3rd January 2014 at 07:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Average of 5, 994k on stock rom. I like chess so thanks for the app reccomendation. Stick with android, does sooooooo much more than any idevice.

sbattosai
Old
Thanks Meter 84
1014k then 931k a few seconds later.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

h1a8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks guys. That number is close to ipad air number but note 10.1 has more ram which is better for the hash tables. Plus, like you said, android can do so many more things. It's closer to having a real PC than iOS devices are.