XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to remove 4.3 update?

Tip us?

spencer1984
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] how to remove 4.3 update?

Today I updated my galaxy to version 4.3 and I hate it. I was using planet to surf the web on my laptop and the update has somehow stopped pdanet from working. I looked around to try to find how to uninstall the update. I did not really find anything except these custom Rom things. I am willing to put a custom rom on my phone I just want to be able to use pdanet again. I looked for a guide to do this but did not find anything, I'm sure there is one though. If someone could point me in to the direction of a guide that will help me I would be greatly appreciative as long as it is on more basic terms I can understand. I just want to be able to use pdanet again to play games and surf the internet. Thank you

nyfl2004
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer1984 View Post
Today I updated my galaxy to version 4.3 and I hate it. I was using planet to surf the web on my laptop and the update has somehow stopped pdanet from working. I looked around to try to find how to uninstall the update. I did not really find anything except these custom Rom things. I am willing to put a custom rom on my phone I just want to be able to use pdanet again. I looked for a guide to do this but did not find anything, I'm sure there is one though. If someone could point me in to the direction of a guide that will help me I would be greatly appreciative as long as it is on more basic terms I can understand. I just want to be able to use pdanet again to play games and surf the internet. Thank you
If you accepted the 4.3 OTA, there is no way to go back to MD4 at this time. The update has installed the Knox bootloader. You will brick the phone if you try to go back to MD4. Until the devs find a way around this, you're stuck on 4.3