XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't get into recovery mode

Tip us?

KKB9750
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Can't get into recovery mode

I have the LS980 with TWRP 2.6.3.3 installed and I just flashed a new ROM. It bootlooped, so I was just going to revert to my nandroid, but when I try to manually enter recovery mode I get an LG splash screen that say "Security Error" beneath the logo.

All the fixes for this type of thing seem to involve flashing back to stock, but I can't get into recovery, how can I do that?

Any help would be appreciated.

zekurosu
Old
Thanks Meter 292
if you're planning to go back to stock via LG Flash Tool.. u need to enter Download mode, not Recovery... just a simple vol up + plug usb cable to PC

Evolution of my Android:-
Sammy SII < Note N7K < Note II < SIV < Note N9K5 < LG D802

Current ROM:-
Cloudy Stock 1.3 with twrp 2.7 enhanced with SimpleKernel v4
The Following User Says Thank You to zekurosu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KKB9750
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekurosu View Post
if you're planning to go back to stock via LG Flash Tool.. u need to enter Download mode, not Recovery... just a simple vol up + plug usb cable to PC
Okay thanks

KKB9750
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I there any way to get data off the phone when it it is in this state? I oh so smartly made a back up, but then didn't bring it off my phone...

tbishop91
Old
Thanks Meter 4
tif im right i dont think you will lose data just system. Or you may break root by doing this method

KKB9750
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbishop91 View Post
tif im right i dont think you will lose data just system. Or you may break root by doing this method
The directions say "all of your data and internal sdcard files are gone." so i'm not very optimistic

tbishop91
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yeah sorry man unless you can learn how to sand box certain things on your phone then i guess you lose all fata on the bright side if you backed up throu google most of your stuff will be there again wen your phone is back in working order

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 536
You will lose everything because pushing the stock ROM just puts the ROM on, but it states you need to do a factory reset after because it does not remove everything.

I'm assuming it was because of the recovery I installed, but once the flash was done it was stuck in a boot loop on the Verizon screen until I factory reset.

Sent from my LG-vs980 using xda app-developers app

KKB9750
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbishop91 View Post
Yeah sorry man unless you can learn how to sand box certain things on your phone then i guess you lose all fata on the bright side if you backed up throu google most of your stuff will be there again wen your phone is back in working order
Yeah...it wasn't a huge deal. The only real loss was about 15 pictures that I hadn't off loaded to my computer. As you say, I should probably get with the 21st century and back those things up automatically lol.

tbishop91
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKB9750 View Post
Yeah...it wasn't a huge deal. The only real loss was about 15 pictures that I hadn't off loaded to my computer. As you say, I should probably get with the 21st century and back those things up automatically lol.
Yeah i use drop box and skydrive to back mine up