5,596,179 Members 34,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how do I get more internal storage

Tip us?
 
Torlugic
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 139
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default [Q] how do I get more internal storage

I'm tired of running out of room on my i337m internal storage of 9.xxgb of a 16gb card I now have a 64gb external card but still have internal room issues. Like no space haha

Slim Roms powered
1337m
4.3.1. build 2.2
 
graydiggy
Old
#2  
graydiggy's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1962
Posts: 4,050
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houma, LA

 
DONATE TO ME
If you are willing to spend around 150 to 200 usd, Mobiletechvideos has a service that literally upgrades the internal storage up to 64gb. It is called eMMC repair/upgrade. Other than that, you will have to transfer as much as possible to an external card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...
 
greekunit690
Old
#3  
greekunit690's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 139
Posts: 994
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Islandia, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
If you are willing to spend around 150 to 200 usd, Mobiletechvideos has a service that literally upgrades the internal storage up to 64gb. It is called eMMC repair/upgrade. Other than that, you will have to transfer as much as possible to an external card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You can do this yourself if you know how to open the phone. Once you take off the coverings the internal is easily accessible and in fact removeable so all you need to do is a simple swap. But, just make sure it's formatted to the correct for internal

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Phone (Galaxy S4)
Model Number: SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: I337UCUAMDL
Slim Version: Slim-4.4.2.build.3.2-WEEKLY-3138
Build Number: slim_jflteatt-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L 3138 test-keys

Tablet (Galaxy Note 10.1)
Model Number: GT-N8013
Android Version: 4.3.1
IOKP version: iokp_n8013_v1.4_RC1-20131116
Build number: iokp_n8013-user debug 4.3.1 JSS15J eng.mrimp.20131116.060935 test-keys
 
graydiggy
Old
#4  
graydiggy's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1962
Posts: 4,050
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houma, LA

 
DONATE TO ME
Ummm... No. It is soldered to the motherboard and requires a reflow station to remove. It is not an at home thing to do. It requires professional equipment to remove and upgrade.

Please know what you are talking about before you get someone to potentially break their phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...
 
greekunit690
Old
#5  
greekunit690's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 139
Posts: 994
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Islandia, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
Ummm... No. It is soldered to the motherboard and requires a reflow station to remove. It is not an at home thing to do. It requires professional equipment to remove and upgrade.

Please know what you are talking about before you get someone to potentially break their phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I wish I had a need to open up the phone again to show you....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Phone (Galaxy S4)
Model Number: SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: I337UCUAMDL
Slim Version: Slim-4.4.2.build.3.2-WEEKLY-3138
Build Number: slim_jflteatt-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L 3138 test-keys

Tablet (Galaxy Note 10.1)
Model Number: GT-N8013
Android Version: 4.3.1
IOKP version: iokp_n8013_v1.4_RC1-20131116
Build number: iokp_n8013-user debug 4.3.1 JSS15J eng.mrimp.20131116.060935 test-keys
 
graydiggy
Old
#6  
graydiggy's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1962
Posts: 4,050
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houma, LA

 
DONATE TO ME
I have been in and out of the S4. the only way to get more storage space is to replace the motherboard or like I said, reflow station. Samsung would not have a cradle for the eMMC chip. It would be more costly and take up more space. Also, why would they do that knowing that people would try and fail to upgrade their storage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

A Google search would be your next option for proof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...
 
Nurmi_CEO
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 58
Join Date: Nov 2011
Check out dropbox. I have 50GB available on mine when I bought my HTC one for free. Now I have GS4 and am still using it. Works great.
 
greekunit690
Old
#8  
greekunit690's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 139
Posts: 994
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Islandia, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
I have been in and out of the S4. the only way to get more storage space is to replace the motherboard or like I said, reflow station. Samsung would not have a cradle for the eMMC chip. It would be more costly and take up more space. Also, why would they do that knowing that people would try and fail to upgrade their storage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

A Google search would be your next option for proof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Well now I feel like an idiot. I was under the impression that we were in my other phones forum which has a removable internal SD card. I'm really sorry guys

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2
Phone (Galaxy S4)
Model Number: SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: I337UCUAMDL
Slim Version: Slim-4.4.2.build.3.2-WEEKLY-3138
Build Number: slim_jflteatt-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L 3138 test-keys

Tablet (Galaxy Note 10.1)
Model Number: GT-N8013
Android Version: 4.3.1
IOKP version: iokp_n8013_v1.4_RC1-20131116
Build number: iokp_n8013-user debug 4.3.1 JSS15J eng.mrimp.20131116.060935 test-keys
 
SelfElevated2
Old
(Last edited by SelfElevated2; 3rd January 2014 at 04:50 PM.)
#9  
SelfElevated2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 129
Posts: 537
Join Date: Oct 2012
Use foldermount. Free version lets mounts 3 things to.your ext sd. If you have big games its the way to go. My phone was completely full now I have almost 7 out of 9 gigs internal left.

On first open hit app analyzer and move the 3 top apps it shows you. Just the large data file. Dont set it to mount on boot. Just mount and unmount those apps b4 and after using them. When unmounted they aren't on the internal storage not even with a explorer. When.mounted you can see.the data on internal and external

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...