5,597,354 Members 32,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tab as Web Cam only

Tip us?
 
jdnyc
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 85
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default [Q] Tab as Web Cam only

Today I powered up my g-tab for the first time in a couple years. I want to use it as a standalone web cam to monitor my dogs while I'm away. Questions are:

-I have a 2011 version of Cyanogenmod. Is it worth updating to something new? A quick scan of the new roms look more complicated that they used to be.
-Is there an app that you would recommend for this purpose?

Thanks!
-J
 
rajeevvp
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 405
Posts: 1,311
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnyc View Post
I want to use it as a standalone web cam to monitor my dogs while I'm away.
Can you clarify this? Are you saying that you want to use the gTablet's front camera to stream pictures/videos to other devices (elsewhere)?
 
jdnyc
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 85
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevvp View Post
Can you clarify this? Are you saying that you want to use the gTablet's front camera to stream pictures/videos to other devices (elsewhere)?
I ended up using AtHome server for the web cam needs. Thanks for the reply but I'm set.
 
rajeevvp
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 405
Posts: 1,311
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnyc View Post
I ended up using AtHome server for the web cam needs.
1. Are you running the AtHome Android app on the gTablet?
2. Which ROM is on it?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes