XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Doomkernel questions

Tip us?

Kirkymole
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default Doomkernel questions

I've recently flashed this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448613 and was just wondering can I still update via Pc companion/SEUS to new firmwares/updates without losing the kernel, root etc...like will it replace the kernel with a stock one?

I'm a noob at Flashing and search didn't really answer my question.
If it's broke, use a hammer. If that fails, you're not using a big enough hammer.

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1903

DONATE TO ME
If you have unlocked your bootloader by the official method at unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com, then you can not use PC Companion or SEUS to update firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to Someguyfromhell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Just2Cause
Old
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguyfromhell View Post
If you have unlocked your bootloader by the official method at unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com, then you can not use PC Companion or SEUS to update firmware.
From what you said, I understand that there is an unofficial way to unlock the bootloader and still be able to use PC Companion and SEUS to update firmware?
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just2Cause For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ahki767
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2Cause View Post
From what you said, I understand that there is an unofficial way to unlock the bootloader and still be able to use PC Companion and SEUS to update firmware?
If your bootloader is unlocked, there is no way to use pc companion or seus to update firmware unless you relock it
Previous phones: Sony Ericsson K750i, Sony Ericsson W810i, IPhone 2G, Nokia x3-02, Sony Xperia P

Sony Xperia Z1(C6903)
ROM: Stock ☐ Custom ☑
Bootloader: Locked ☑ Unlocked ☐
Rooted: Yes ☑ No ☐
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahki767 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kirkymole
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Thankyou for the replies, I might try to relock my bootloader. I unlocked it through the official Sony method.
If it's broke, use a hammer. If that fails, you're not using a big enough hammer.

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1903

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Not as far as I know. Older Xperia models had test point method, but Z1 does not have this option.

Sent from my LT18i

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguyfromhell View Post
Not as far as I know. Older Xperia models had test point method, but Z1 does not have this option.

Sent from my LT18i
Has someone actually ruled this out? I mostly hear that people with LB go swap their phones or just make sure they're getting a UB phone in the first place. The main complication I see is compromising the waterproof gasket...

Kirkymole
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Test point method?

Just2Cause
Old
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo View Post
Has someone actually ruled this out? I mostly hear that people with LB go swap their phones or just make sure they're getting a UB phone in the first place. The main complication I see is compromising the waterproof gasket...
Unlocking bootloader doesn't have anything to do with waterproofness, it's something done using a computer.
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Unlocking bootloader doesn't have anything to do with waterproofness, it's something done using a computer.
Obviously. In order to access test points, the back cover will have to be removed. The back cover uses tape/gasketing to enforce waterproofing. My question was about whether someone has actually looked into a testpoint unlock yet for the XZ1.