Tip us?

third son
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Please explain how you rotate photos in avia... Thanks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Zammo76
Old
(Last edited by Zammo76; 25th December 2013 at 10:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by third son View Post
Please explain how you rotate photos in avia... Thanks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
Hi

Avia is a little hit and miss when it comes to this. You need to open the photo so it has the controls at the bottom of the screen (such as next, stop, play) one of these is the rotate symbol. Unfortunately sometimes when I open a photo its in the gallery view and these controls are missing, and I haven't worked out how to switch between the different views. Someone else might know?

Edit: I worked out how to do the above. If it doesn't open the file in the correct view and stays in the gallery view click the file name at the bottom of your phones screen then it'll open the file into the view that shows the rotate button.

BTW I did a bit of messing with my chromecast and discovered that I couldn't play freshly downloaded music on Google Music, as it complained it was sideloaded but Avia played it fine. Sweet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zammo76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

markjleclair
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Chromecast and LPCM 5.1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorer View Post
Yay, Bingo! Had a swapping around session with the amp inputs and now getting LPCM 5.1 with both AC3 and DTS tracks. Slight sync problems but that may settle down?

Big thanks to Asphyx and abuttino for encouraging me to persevere . So I guess this means now I have full AV quality from Plex it's bye bye to XBMC for me - quite sad really, but casting is so much more convenient. I think I'll keep XBMC for a reserve though in case the wifi maybe struggles a bit with some of the files - no sign of this so far.
Hi Restorer,

I have been scratching my head here about LPCM audio and my Denon Amp (Chromecast connected directly to it).
I'm sending transcoded Plex out from a Mac Mini to the CC and the Denon even lights up with MULTI CH IN (PCM) but when I play movies (all confirmed to have DD and DTS 5.1 from previous plays on my WDTV Live) I can't hear a thing out of the rear channels... Was there any other steps that you went through other than switching HDMI inputs that you think could help? I'm soooooo close...

Also, when I check the status of the receiver it says 3 / 2 5.1 which implies that the receiver is indeed getting the 5.1 feed. Perhaps the CC is sending empty rear channels for some reason...

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjleclair View Post
Hi Restorer,

I have been scratching my head here about LPCM audio and my Denon Amp (Chromecast connected directly to it).
I'm sending transcoded Plex out from a Mac Mini to the CC and the Denon even lights up with MULTI CH IN (PCM) but when I play movies (all confirmed to have DD and DTS 5.1 from previous plays on my WDTV Live) I can't hear a thing out of the rear channels... Was there any other steps that you went through other than switching HDMI inputs that you think could help? I'm soooooo close...

Also, when I check the status of the receiver it says 3 / 2 5.1 which implies that the receiver is indeed getting the 5.1 feed. Perhaps the CC is sending empty rear channels for some reason...
Your problem is a known Bug with Plex Transcoder.
Currently any Surround that has to get transcoded is losing the rear channels so it's not your setup or amp.

Test this by re-encoding one of your files to MP4/H264/AAC @4-8Mbs

That should direct play to CCast and give you full Surround sound rear channels and all.

Restorer
Old
Thanks Meter 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjleclair View Post
Hi Restorer,

Yes, sorry, I should have reported back. I celebrated a bit early when I heard the LFE channel and saw the amp was reporting 5 speakers. It was not long before I realised there was nothing coming from the rear channels. As Asphyx says, the Plex devs are aware of it and hopefully a fix is not too far off.
Phone: Nexus 4 Stock Android 4.4.2
Tablet: Asus Transformer Prime flying along on HairyBean 2.31

HB_Mosh
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Just here to report the awesomeness of the Plex app on Chromecast. I've been using it to play all my downloaded content from my pc without any issue. Although when I pause a movie or something, Sometimes the player forgets what is playing and gets stuck on loading the video.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
Proud owner of :
Galaxy Ace | Nexus 4 | NEXUS 5
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB_Mosh View Post
Just here to report the awesomeness of the Plex app on Chromecast. I've been using it to play all my downloaded content from my pc without any issue. Although when I pause a movie or something, Sometimes the player forgets what is playing and gets stuck on loading the video.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
Yep there are still a few bugs they need to hash out with Plex but the Devs have been pretty active and even getting test content from users who have issues in an attempt to work out the transcoding problems.

The issue your seeing is also being reported, Apparently there is some issue in the Control protocol that only seems to happen when the Plex App device is the one who initiated the cast but then loses connection to the WiFi (Device not CCast).

Right now they seem to be focused on Transcoding and once that is working I suspect they will move onto the Control issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to Asphyx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]