5,606,530 Members 33,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Back to stock to activate my sim card, how to....

Tip us?

flyinjoe13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Back to stock to activate my sim card, how to....

Not sure which forum this should be in so i'm asking it here. Apparently, I can't activate my new sim card for the 4G unless i'm stock, unrooted, locked bootloader. I guess I jumped the gun after I got my phone, but before I got the sim card and rooted, unlocked, etc. I think I know the steps to take to get it back to compltely stock, but I want to make sure.

I think I need to run the script and relock the bootloader, then flash the stock RUU file.

Is that correct? Is that the correct order? Am I missing any steps?

Thanks a bunch for any speedy repsonses because i'm in a bind right now and have to get this resolved by morning.

mdmower
Old
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinjoe13 View Post
Not sure which forum this should be in so i'm asking it here. Apparently, I can't activate my new sim card for the 4G unless i'm stock, unrooted, locked bootloader. I guess I jumped the gun after I got my phone, but before I got the sim card and rooted, unlocked, etc. I think I know the steps to take to get it back to compltely stock, but I want to make sure.

I think I need to run the script and relock the bootloader, then flash the stock RUU file.

Is that correct? Is that the correct order? Am I missing any steps?

Thanks a bunch for any speedy repsonses because i'm in a bind right now and have to get this resolved by morning.
I'm pretty sure being unrooted is not a requirement. Just install this ROM and boot the phone with your SIM inserted. It should activate fine.
My Devices:
HTC Incredible 4G LTE (fireball) - CyanogenMod 10.2
Verizon HTC One (m7vzw) - CyanogenMod 10.2
ASUS Nexus 7 FHD (flo) - CyanogenMod 10.2

Worthwhile reads:
XDA Devs vs. NooBs | logcat or GTFO
So you want to root and mod your phone
My Projects:
HTC Incredible 4G LTE
CyanogenMod 10.1 | CyanogenMod 10.2 | TWRP Recovery
CWM(R-Touch) Recovery | Automated Unlock/SuperCID/Temp-Root scripts

HTC One Verizon
CyanogenMod 10.2

flyinjoe13
Old
(Last edited by flyinjoe13; 4th December 2013 at 12:09 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
OK. I will try that because I am having a heck of a time getting activated on my CM rom. Even had a Verizon tech trying to help me for over an hour.

I see that ROM requires me to flash a new boot.img. When I rooted, the directions said to flash dirtyracuns Hboot. Will flashing this one effect anything? If I change ROMs, do I need to flash DR hboot again?

Thanks for the info...

mdmower
Old
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:
OK. I will try that because I am having a heck of a time getting activated on my CM rom. Even had a Verizon tech trying to help me for over an hour.

I see that ROM requires me to flash a new boot.img. When I rooted, the directions said to flash dirtyracuns Hboot. Will flashing this one effect anything? If I change ROMs, do I need to flash DR hboot again?

Thanks for the info...
Boot and HBoot are two very different things. Flashing different boot images will not affect your engineered hboot.

You definitely don't want to talk to vzw reps if you're running cm. The more tech support requests they get from users running non-official builds, the less likely they will be to ever allow phones with unlocked bootloaders on their system.
My Devices:
HTC Incredible 4G LTE (fireball) - CyanogenMod 10.2
Verizon HTC One (m7vzw) - CyanogenMod 10.2
ASUS Nexus 7 FHD (flo) - CyanogenMod 10.2

Worthwhile reads:
XDA Devs vs. NooBs | logcat or GTFO
So you want to root and mod your phone
My Projects:
HTC Incredible 4G LTE
CyanogenMod 10.1 | CyanogenMod 10.2 | TWRP Recovery
CWM(R-Touch) Recovery | Automated Unlock/SuperCID/Temp-Root scripts

HTC One Verizon
CyanogenMod 10.2
The Following User Says Thank You to mdmower For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flyinjoe13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Turns out my problem was from a borked radio. Being new to this, I didn't even know that could happen. Saw mention of it in another thread when I was just browsing around. Thought maybe that might be my problem so I followed the directions for fixing a borked radio and got connected right away. Boy this forum is helpful. Thank you.

BTW, what is the best network setting to use if I am in the US only, Global, LTE\CDMA or GSM\UMTS?

pmcall
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Turns out my problem was from a borked radio. Being new to this, I didn't even know that could happen. Saw mention of it in another thread when I was just browsing around. Thought maybe that might be my problem so I followed the directions for fixing a borked radio and got connected right away. Boy this forum is helpful. Thank you.

BTW, what is the best network setting to use if I am in the US only, Global, LTE\CDMA or GSM\UMTS?
LTE/CDMA should be fine

tj13
Old
(Last edited by tj13; 30th December 2013 at 12:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Default simlar problem

Quote:

I am having a similar activation problem. What did you do to fix the radio? My problem started a few days ago.

I found the RUU for just the radio and applied it. No change. I get a LTE signal but the phone doesn't know it's own number and thinks it is roaming.

flyinjoe13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I followed the steps in this thread to restore my radio: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post45476579

Unfortunately, I never was able to get the radio to work with any of the CM based ROMs so I have ended up using a stock based ROM. ViperLTE. It is an excellent ROM and works great, but I got the phone recently so that I could run CM ROMs. Had I known I was going to have so many problems, I would have waited until February when my upgrade date came up and got one of the newer phones. I guess I still can, but I'd hate to waste the money I paid for this phone so soon.

tj13
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Smile sim issue

Turns out my SIM was actually bad. When you looked in the about, the SIM id number didn't show up. It had worked under 10.2 stable for several weeks before it stopped working. It had gotten worse over a week or so. At first a reboot would fix it. I did a clean flash of CM 11 at this point. After replacing the SIM the id number showed up but still couldn't make calls.

The problem went away after restoring a CM 10.2 back that had worked. I then did a dirty flash of CM 11 over it, with the kit kat gapps. It all worked out fine. I am speculating that a clean flash of CM 11, might not work.