5,594,221 Members 45,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Transfer Xperia PLAY games to new phone?

Tip us?

CZroe
Old
(Last edited by CZroe; 3rd January 2014 at 07:11 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Default [Q]Transfer Xperia PLAY games to new phone?

The Play store versions of EA games like Dead Space do not support the Xperia PLAY controls, so I purchased them from the Xperia PLAY's built-in shop for EA titles. Now I'd like to transfer them to my Galaxy Note 3.

I own Titanium Backup and I have rooted both but EA has some check that makes sure that the games are running on the same phone. This caused issues when I first RMA'd the phone back in 2011 and some of my purchases still refuse to work on the Xperia PLAY. For the ones that do still work, how can I transfer them?

I've google and all I can find is references to EA's old free games promo for Xperia PLAY.

I see an "Android ID" backup and restore function in Titanium Backup. Will this back up whatever uniquely identified my phone to EA or is it something else? Will my phone incorrectly identify itself to the Play store as an Xperia PLAY? Something tells me that this function is only for the Play Store's send to device function.

There were a lot of other built-in games that I'd like to transfer but I don't think those were ever meant to be treated as transferable property.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G (R800at) Xperia PLAY (R800x) with Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth wristwatch, Parrot SK4000 motorcycle helmet Bluetooth kit, and Looxcie 2 LX2 wearable Bluetooth camera/headset.

HP TouchPad 32GB running Cyanogen Mod 9.

CZroe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
OK, I found that some of these, like Tetris, simply do not work unless converted to a user app. Others cause TB to hang when I attempt to convert to a user app. Because TB doesn't have the option to convert to User app while restoring, I have to convert on the original phone and make the backup again just to see if that works.

It's kind of disappointing to see this oversight. I mean, if this were a replacement phone after losing or breaking my old phone, what good would my backup have done?!

Anyway, I backed up Tetris from an International/Generic Xperia PLAY ROM (wasn't on original AT&T ROM). It works but it crashes on exit (perhaps it tries to call Timescape specifically or some Gingerbread function that doesn't exist). The Bruce Lee game launches but doesn't scale to fill the screen and doesn't support touch screen controls (can't get past download prompt). I don't think the PSX emulator would work or else PSXperia would be on other platforms, so I didn't even bother with that. As expected, the EA games don't work ("New phone detected") but I haven't experimented with the Android ID thing yet.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G (R800at) Xperia PLAY (R800x) with Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth wristwatch, Parrot SK4000 motorcycle helmet Bluetooth kit, and Looxcie 2 LX2 wearable Bluetooth camera/headset.

HP TouchPad 32GB running Cyanogen Mod 9.