5,597,501 Members 31,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about CWM

Tip us?
 
that_guy20
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Question about CWM

Hey guys, wondering if somebody could help me. I rooted my galaxy tab 3 8.0 t310 and installed CWM using a guide (that i can't show you because i'm not allowed to post links).

And when I booted in recovery, it was in a funny resolution and looked different. When I pressed to volume buttons to navigate the menu, each time I were to press the button the menu would disappear entirely and then re appear when I pressed it again and moved onto the next selection on the menu.

My question is, is this fine, or should I use TWRP instead? And how would I go about changing? (I'm used to rooting and flashing roms but I've never flashed a new recovery on its own) - there is a download for TWRP on the page.
 
gr8nole
Old
#2  
gr8nole's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1549
Posts: 1,351
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lynchburg, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_guy20 View Post
Hey guys, wondering if somebody could help me. I rooted my galaxy tab 3 8.0 t310 and installed CWM using a guide (that i can't show you because i'm not allowed to post links).

And when I booted in recovery, it was in a funny resolution and looked different. When I pressed to volume buttons to navigate the menu, each time I were to press the button the menu would disappear entirely and then re appear when I pressed it again and moved onto the next selection on the menu.

My question is, is this fine, or should I use TWRP instead? And how would I go about changing? (I'm used to rooting and flashing roms but I've never flashed a new recovery on its own) - there is a download for TWRP on the page.
Go to THIS post.

Scroll to the bottom of the post to where the links for philz_touch_6.00.8 are located. If you want to flash the KitKat builds, then choose philz_touch_6.00.8-t310-blackhawk-next-selinux.zip, if you don't want KitKat, then choose philz_touch_6.00.8-t310-blackhawk-next.zip.
You can flash these zips in your current CWM and then reboot recovery. You will like Philz Touch recovery better than CWM. It is actually based on CWM 6.0.4.5, but has touch interface and more features.
>>>>------;;;;----->

 
igy_tab
Old
(Last edited by igy_tab; 3rd January 2014 at 06:40 PM.)
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 45
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Metković
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post
Go to THIS post.

Scroll to the bottom of the post to where the links for philz_touch_6.00.8 are located. If you want to flash the KitKat builds, then choose philz_touch_6.00.8-t310-blackhawk-next-selinux.zip, if you don't want KitKat, then choose philz_touch_6.00.8-t310-blackhawk-next.zip.
You can flash these zips in your current CWM and then reboot recovery. You will like Philz Touch recovery better than CWM. It is actually based on CWM 6.0.4.5, but has touch interface and more features.
Hi, don't have recovery (everything stock) on my tablet and want to install CM 11. My problem is that don't want to use hamidall software because on windows 8.1 don't work as readme file (i want to do with minimum risk). So my question is: Can I install some other version of recovery via odin and then re-flash with it philz_touch_6.00.8-t310-blackhawk-next.zip recovery. If I can, can you recommend which recovery to use to do that.
 
gr8nole
Old
(Last edited by gr8nole; 3rd January 2014 at 07:02 PM.)
#4  
gr8nole's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1549
Posts: 1,351
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lynchburg, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by igy_tab View Post
Hi, don't have recovery (everything stock) on my tablet and want to install CM 11. My problem is that don't want to use hamidall software because on windows 8.1 don't work as readme file (i want to do with minimum risk). So my question is: Can I install some other version of recovery via odin and then re-flash with it philz_touch_6.00.8-t310-blackhawk-next.zip recovery. If I can, can you recommend which recovery to use to do that.
Download the utility in THIS thread. It will turn any recovery.img into an Odin flashable tar.md5 file.

Download the correct Philz recovery for your tablet.
Extract the recovery.img from the zip.
Use the utility linked above to make the recovery.img into recovery.tar.md5.
Flash it with Odin. Select it in the PDA slot.
Make sure you uncheck auto-reboot in Odin, hit START; then boot directly to recovery when Odin shows the "RES OK" message.
>>>>------;;;;----->

The Following User Says Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
igy_tab
Old
(Last edited by igy_tab; 3rd January 2014 at 07:56 PM.)
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 45
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Metković
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post
Download the utility in THIS thread. It will turn any recovery.img into an Odin flashable tar.md5 file.

Download the correct Philz recovery for your tablet.
Extract the recovery.img from the zip.
Use the utility linked above to make the recovery.img into recovery.tar.md5.
Flash it with Odin. Select it in the PDA slot.
Make sure you uncheck auto-reboot in Odin, hit START; then boot directly to recovery when Odin shows the "RES OK" message.
Thank you! Do I need to use next kernel if i don't want dual boot for CM11?

EDIT: unfortunately this tool do not work. I unzip both, put recovery.img in tool folder but don't do anything when I run Runme.
But thank you if there is another way please post me. Thank you for help and development.
 
gr8nole
Old
#6  
gr8nole's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1549
Posts: 1,351
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lynchburg, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by igy_tab View Post
Thank you! Do I need to use next kernel if i don't want dual boot for CM11?

EDIT: unfortunately this tool do not work. I unzip both, put recovery.img in tool folder but don't do anything when I run Runme.
But thank you if there is another way please post me. Thank you for help and development.
Here is the T310 selinux version that will allow you to flash CM11. Unzip it and you will have the recovery.tar.md5. Let me know if you need the T311 or T315.
Attached Files
File Type: zip T310.Philz.SELinux.recovery.tar.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.52 MB, 1 views)
>>>>------;;;;----->

The Following User Says Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
igy_tab
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 45
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Metković
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post
Here is the T310 selinux version that will allow you to flash CM11. Unzip it and you will have the recovery.tar.md5. Let me know if you need the T311 or T315.
I have T310. Thank you very much again, then I will do everything tomorrow, I am tired for now.

I have Tab 2 and installed cody's CM11 without any question but for Tab 3 I am such noob.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...