[Q] AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 stuck in a boot loop

Tip us?

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2659

DONATE TO ME
@vlmaadir,

Please post your results once you try this. The information will be helpful for everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vlmaadir
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly View Post
@vlmaadir,

Please post your results once you try this. The information will be helpful for everyone.
Sure... Will certainly do without fail. Not yet tried...

thanks for the support.
The Following User Says Thank You to vlmaadir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vlmaadir
Old
(Last edited by vlmaadir; 3rd January 2014 at 07:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly View Post
@vlmaadir,

Started trying to install siyah kernel.

I opened the odin 1.85 and connected the phone thru USB. Phone displayed Downloading screen. But, COM port does not get yellow in Odin.
I have the battery in the phone. I think I am not using the same cable which I got it from Samsung (used a secondary cable).

I didn't know what to do. so closed odin. Removed the phone from USB.

sorry if these are dumb questions...
should I have the battery out of the phone before I connect?
should I use the original cable only? I don't have the original cable, though.
should I have any drivers installed?
I didn't know what to do. so closed odin. Removed the phone from USB. Now, the phone is displaying "Downloading" "Do not trun off target!!"..... What should I do now. can I switch-off the phone using power button or if it doesn't work then by removing the battery, ?

Please some one help asap..

thanks,

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2659

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlmaadir View Post
Started trying to install siyah kernel.

I opened the odin 1.85 and connected the phone thru USB. Phone displayed Downloading screen. But, COM port does not get yellow in Odin.
I have the battery in the phone. I think I am not using the same cable which I got it from Samsung (used a secondary cable).

I didn't know what to do. so close odin. Removed the phone from USB.

sorry if these are dumb questions...
should I have the battery out of the phone before I connect?
No. You would only do this if you can not get into download mode any other way.

Quote:
should I use the original cable only? I don't have the original cable, though.
Cable could be one reason that Odin doesn't see the phone, but the more likely reason is either drivers, or usb port.

Quote:
should I have any drivers installed?
You must have "SAMSUNG USB driver for mobile phones" installed on the Windows pc. If you have the required drivers, you will see the above line in Windows Uninstall or Change a program dialog. If you need them, download them from the Samsung site, or from here.

Quote:
I didn't know what to do. so close odin. Removed the phone from USB. Now, the phone is displaying "Downloading" "Do not trun off target!!"..... What should I do now. Thinking of removing the battery
Pull the battery is ok, or hold the power button for about 10 seconds will reboot the phone.

Quote:
Please some one help asap..

thanks,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vlmaadir
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Awesome.. it worked.

It worked.. thanks a lot creepyncrawly...

It was drivers issues.. once installed everything worked....

1. Installed Siyah kernel v2.6.14 tar using odin 1.85. Rebooted. It displayed Samsung galaxy i9000 with a yellow triangle.
2. then installed I777UCKH7-CL503881-Full (UCKH7 full tar) using one click downloader. It uses different version of odin, but fine.
3. and thats it.. it is all Done.

Fyi.. it did not ask for any unlock code when I inserted my local SIM (remember, I am currently outside US).

and finally the most important.. My Pictures are intact.....

creepyncrawly.... you are awesome buddy.... Thanks a lot again.

Hope this post would be useful for all of you over there... If any questions to know what I did in detail... pls don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks and signing-off with a lot of joy..