5,598,610 Members 44,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with Hard Bricked! Need 32gb version SGH-I337 on MDB or MDL bootloader dump

Tip us?

ep3k20a03
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
I used a 3-in-1 tool to root my phone and flash CWM recovery. Easy as cake. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2297033

Anyway, what's your next step now? I'm betting Sammy won't cover this? :/
I'm going to try to go the linux route and see if I can resolve the writing of the img on the sdcard issue. Yea, Sammy won't cover this. Although, I've been told that I can go into AT&T and play dumb and hopefully they will give me a replacement (fee or no fee) since I'm still under a year. Don't want to do that since it's like cheating the system. My fault I bricked it.

MattMJB0188
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep3k20a03 View Post
I'm going to try to go the linux route and see if I can resolve the writing of the img on the sdcard issue. Yea, Sammy won't cover this. Although, I've been told that I can go into AT&T and play dumb and hopefully they will give me a replacement (fee or no fee) since I'm still under a year. Don't want to do that since it's like cheating the system. My fault I bricked it.
You can try that if you have the AT&T insurance on your phone. Do not feel bad, they are a greedy corporation only in it to milk and cheat their customers. Going out of their way to stop a handful of people who want to get more out of their devices by locking the bootloaders on ALL their android devices. Cheat them all you want.

HORiZUN
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
You can try that if you have the AT&T insurance on your phone. Do not feel bad, they are a greedy corporation only in it to milk and cheat their customers. Going out of their way to stop a handful of people who want to get more out of their devices by locking the bootloaders on ALL their android devices. Cheat them all you want.
You could put insurance on the handset, wait a few weeks, **accidentally ** drop the phone so that the screen is completely broken and nothing is visible, and pay the deductible for a replacement handset...

Disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes only. I take no responsibility for your actions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Galaxy S4 | MDL, Unlocked, TWRP, Hyperdrive 13
Transformer Prime | Unlocked, NvFlash, TWRP, CM 11
Nook Tablet | Cyanoboot, TWRP, Rescue SD, CM 11
HP 4540s | Hackintosh, OSX 10.9.1/Windows 8, 2TB, 8GB
iPad 4 Retina | iOS 7.0.4, Jailbroken / Wife's iPhone 5c | Stock
Xbox 360 | LT+FW / PS3 | 4.46 CFW, 1TB / PSP | 6.60 CFW

MattMJB0188
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORiZUN View Post
You could put insurance on the handset, wait a few weeks, **accidentally ** drop the phone so that the screen is completely broken and nothing is visible, and pay the deductible for a replacement handset...

Disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes only. I take no responsibility for your actions

He couldn't put the AT&T insurance on it, unless he bought it 30 days ago from an AT&T corporate store or CS. This may seem a little farfetched but he can buy a brand new AT&T smartphone, maybe at full retail, whatever, and then have them add the $6.99 insurance. Then once that's added to his account, he can return the phone. They can't remove the insurance off his account unless he wants them too.

Once that insurance is on his account he is then available to use it ASAP as it covers whatever AT&T phone your sim happens to be in.

Source: Inside AT&T info

shabbypenguin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4412

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORiZUN View Post

aside from committing fraud, he can just mail it in to jtag for only 60 bucks. probably well under the cost of a deductible and paying for a few months of insurance
If you feel as though my work is worth something, you can alwaysDonate

shabbypenguin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4412

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
any luck with linux?

ep3k20a03
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbypenguin View Post
any luck with linux?
Haven't tried yet. Wife got upset that I've been neglecting the family for the past few days. Hopefully I'll try it tonight or tomorrow.....

shabbypenguin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4412

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Haven't tried yet. Wife got upset that I've been neglecting the family for the past few days. Hopefully I'll try it tonight or tomorrow.....
your wife sounds pretty lenient. if I bricked my phone my wife would have my ass in my chair until it was working or being fixed :P

The Following User Says Thank You to shabbypenguin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]