Remove All Ads from XDA

Backup & Restore

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By tsuunn, Junior Member on 3rd January 2014, 09:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've flashed my phone a few times before, but the last time I've done so, Titanium Backup decided not to work, so I had a newly flashed ROM but no data to go with it. I backed up everything on my phone once (by means of copying&pasting all of the folders) on my computer, but putting them back on my phone didn't do anything.

Now I want to flash again, but I'm clueless as to what app I should be using to back up my phone, and which app would make it possible for me to have my data backed up. I know it sounds a bit vague, but basically, I'm looking to back up my phone so that when I clear everything and flash it, I'd like to restore my apps as well as the data along with it (like high scores in games). Does anyone have any idea what I should do? I currently backed up my current ROM (Android 4.3 and HTC Sense 5.0) with ROM Manager (v5.5.3.7), but I don't know if I can use that back up since I'm looking to flash Android 4.4.2 onto it.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: And I have one off-topic question... Should I flash gapps before or after flashing the ROM? I flashed gapps before and after last time and it worked fine, but I'm curious to know what the correct order is.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread