5,593,248 Members 32,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any way to make Google Case autowake?

Tip us?

Bradlees
Old
(Last edited by Bradlees; 19th December 2013 at 08:39 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Any way to make Google Case autowake?

So I bought the expensive official Google folio case without doing my research. It doesn't auto wake/sleep which is pretty annoying, I take it there is just a magnet somewhere that does this. Anyone heard of anyone modifying it or putting a magnet in? Anyone know where the magnet is located so I can experiment?

junkinmytrunk426
Old
Thanks Meter 5
are you sure you have the Folio case? because the Folio case is the 1 that has the wake/sleep function, which on mine works fine...

Bradlees
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkinmytrunk426 View Post
are you sure you have the Folio case? because the Folio case is the 1 that has the wake/sleep function, which on mine works fine...
I'm sorry, I don't have the folio case. I have the regular case that looks like a book. Its really not worth the hefty price tag.

Fixed the title.

James101
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just get some magnets and experiment, the sensor is on the bottom near the usb port. You could glue a few magnets on the outside of the case. Most folio's have 3 to 4 magnets...Get some nice chrome magnets at harbor freight tools or micheals or joann etc. Just avoid the neodymium, I hear those are too strong. theres also the plastic strip type magnets, but I haven't tested those. But it should be as easy as walking over to your frig and trying it out...

user602
Old
Thanks Meter 145

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradlees View Post
So I bought the expensive official Google folio case without doing my research. It doesn't auto wake/sleep which is pretty annoying, I take it there is just a magnet somewhere that does this. Anyone heard of anyone modifying it or putting a magnet in? Anyone know where the magnet is located so I can experiment?
When held in portrait orientation, the sensor is on the left bezel near the bottom. I added a magnet to one of my Verso cases and it works perfectly.
HTC Device History: One (M8) DE [current] | One (M7) DE [current] | One (M7) 32GB [current] | Ace 9192 | Rhodium 300 | Kaiser 130 | Wizard 100
Samsung Device History: Note 10.1 SM-P600 [current] | Note 10.1 GT-N8013 [current] | Tab 10.1 GT-P7510
Asus Device History: Nexus 7 Flo 32GB [current] | Nexus 7 Grouper 32GB

pixel7474
Old
Thanks Meter 17
what brand case? or is this official nexus 7 case?

NexusGal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Agreed - not worth $49.99

I bought one at Best Buy. It is Google Branded and stamped and says Nexus 7 2013 on the box.

I'm returning mine because once you fold it to watch the screen, it no longer lays flat and there is no way to close it. Plus, you can get what appear to be much better ones on Amazon for under $20.