5,593,248 Members 32,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] So I decided to wipe everything and startover, and BOOTLOOPED at the Samsung Logo

Tip us?

asianrage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default [Q] So I decided to wipe everything and startover, and BOOTLOOPED at the Samsung Logo

Here's the fact
1. I was running the 12-31-13 CM11 Nightly with KToonz 12-21 Kernel.
2. I had some problem with the screen not turning on after I accept a call. It's been going on for a few months now, despite doing full wipes in between, so I decided I was gonna just do another wipe and hope that it would somehow solves itself.
3. While I was in TWRP 2.5.2.X , I did factory reset
4. I also wipe /system
5. I flashed CM11 1-1-14 / 12-30 GApps / KTkernel / BootAnimation / SuperSU 1.86
6. During the last portion, I get some running message that it failed to mount E:/ something something & Partition and such
7. Thinking it was a fluke, I pressed reboot and... bootlooped at the Samsung logo screen
8. I Power + Vol UP back into Recovery and flashed the 12-31 CM11 nightly, plus GApps etc,
9. Got the same strings of messages telling that it failed to mount partition and E:/ and /data/ and something lost and found/
10. I rebooted and... Bootlooped at the Samsung logo.
11. I tried to get back into recovery and has been unable to.The little blue "Recovery Booting" seems to appear for a very short time before the phone rebooted again. Seems like it's not there anymore.

Part of me thinks that perhaps the phone's internal memory failed. So far the only thing I can do with it is charge the phone.

Anyone with any knowledge of this, please help.

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 873
you gotta go to back odin to get a recovery back on your phone. Also the screen not turning on has been an AOSP issue for awhile, it's not just you and reflashing won't do anything to fix it.

Sent from my CIA sanctioned device
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: VERIZON
  • DEVICE: HTC ONE MAX
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7
  • ROM: NUSENSE SIX
  • KERNEL: CLEANKERNEL
  • LAUNCHER: TSF SHELL
  • XPOSED MODULES: Greenify/KeepChat/NotifyClean/Sense6Toolbox/Snapshare/YoutubeAdAway
  • CASE: POWER FLIP
  • HACKS: LIFETIME FREE PIZZA DELIVERY
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asianrage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219 View Post
you gotta go to back odin to get a recovery back on your phone. Also the screen not turning on has been an AOSP issue for awhile, it's not just you and reflashing won't do anything to fix it.

Sent from my CIA sanctioned device
What would I do with another recovery? Is the one I have on it now doesn't work anymore?

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianrage View Post
What would I do with another recovery? Is the one I have on it now doesn't work anymore?

well if you can't boot into it, it's not working right?
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: VERIZON
  • DEVICE: HTC ONE MAX
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7
  • ROM: NUSENSE SIX
  • KERNEL: CLEANKERNEL
  • LAUNCHER: TSF SHELL
  • XPOSED MODULES: Greenify/KeepChat/NotifyClean/Sense6Toolbox/Snapshare/YoutubeAdAway
  • CASE: POWER FLIP
  • HACKS: LIFETIME FREE PIZZA DELIVERY
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stein5830
Old
(Last edited by stein5830; 3rd January 2014 at 07:06 PM.) Reason: said flash when I meant ODIN
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianrage View Post
Just a note keep in mind TWRP is not recommended for CM11. Also I am lucky I have MDK device and a version of the no data wipe stock install, whenever things go wonky (like bootloop on Samsung Logo) I Odin back to stock. make sure the phone works, then restart from scratch and re-root, re-install recovery and reflash CM. I am not super technical so sometimes it can take about 1-2 hours from screwing up the phone to going back to having a working CM11 GS4.

All Hail invisiblek
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559335

If my advise helped you out at all, please let me know by hitting "thanks".

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 On VZW CM 11 NIghtlies
The Following User Says Thank You to stein5830 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asianrage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein5830 View Post
Just a note keep in mind TWRP is not recommended for CM11. Also I am lucky I have MDK device and a version of the no data wipe stock install, whenever things go wonky (like bootloop on Samsung Logo) I Odin back to stock. make sure the phone works, then restart from scratch and re-root, re-install recovery and reflash CM. I am not super technical so sometimes it can take about 1-2 hours from screwing up the phone to going back to having a working CM11 GS4.

All Hail invisiblek
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559335

Thanks for the reply. I've already started the process to flash back to stock MDK. I've been using TWRP for a while and have always been annoyed at how long it'll take to go past the logo screen (if I didn't give up and pulled the battery). Wish me luck.