5,600,571 Members 33,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No "Desktop"

Tip us?
 
NiterunnerLigon
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2013
Wink [Q] No "Desktop"

Good Morning,I am in need of some help have the 512/8gb Nook Tablet, I am by no means an "expert" when it comes to the Android system, with that said however, I have managed to flash quite a few rom's over the last year. This time I have flashed the Cyanogenmod,[OFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 11.0 (Android 4.4) nightlies From here---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2560827. and the 8/13/2013 KitKat gapps, and my problem is after it all flashes and after i reboot the system i do not have a so called "Desktop", I can pull down the status bar and can get to the settings but after looking through all the settings i thought maybe there was a setting that got changed but i could not find anything pertaining to my problem.. I would appreciate any and all help as i have searched all over the forums and i couldnt find anyone with the same or near circumstance ... Thanks, B.L
 
newbtrigger69
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 141
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiterunnerLigon View Post
Good Morning,I am in need of some help have the 512/8gb Nook Tablet, I am by no means an "expert" when it comes to the Android system, with that said however, I have managed to flash quite a few rom's over the last year. This time I have flashed the Cyanogenmod,[OFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 11.0 (Android 4.4) nightlies From here---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2560827. and the 8/13/2013 KitKat gapps, and my problem is after it all flashes and after i reboot the system i do not have a so called "Desktop", I can pull down the status bar and can get to the settings but after looking through all the settings i thought maybe there was a setting that got changed but i could not find anything pertaining to my problem.. I would appreciate any and all help as i have searched all over the forums and i couldnt find anyone with the same or near circumstance ... Thanks, B.L
first thing.....explain wut u mean by no desktop? like no homescreen or no navigation bar on the bottom that allows u to go back or the home button (the house icon).
second thing.....if its the no navigation bar then thats a common problem with some nook tablet models.
third thing....make sure u are using cwm 6.0.4.5 to flash
fourth thing.....try flashing demetris's unofficial cm11 or go to cyanogenmod.org and start downloading the newest nightlies provided by the same guy who made the old cm11 version that u are using now.

get back to me with a thorough explaination on wut u see and are experiencing and i might be able to help u.
Nook Tablet (CM 11 Nightlies)
 
NiterunnerLigon
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbtrigger69 View Post
first thing.....explain wut u mean by no desktop? like no homescreen or no navigation bar on the bottom that allows u to go back or the home button (the house icon).
second thing.....if its the no navigation bar then thats a common problem with some nook tablet models.
third thing....make sure u are using cwm 6.0.4.5 to flash
fourth thing.....try flashing demetris's unofficial cm11 or go to cyanogenmod.org and start downloading the newest nightlies provided by the same guy who made the old cm11 version that u are using now.

get back to me with a thorough explaination on wut u see and are experiencing and i might be able to help u.

Sorry took so long for me to get back to you, OK. the problem i was having was after i did the usual procedure to flash a rom, i was not getting any App launcher icons nor were there any widgets I.E. Time, or Date.. .I was even able to reboot and flash the gapps in 10-31-2013 Still wasnt working. Thank you much for the quick response time.
So by now, after 5 or more times flashing all this stuff I finally tried the last suggestion you made and woohoo it worked.What needed to be done was to make sure i had 6.0.4.5.Flashed .. Got it flashed and running as expected.

Again, Thanks Alot for the knowledge you shared with us here at the community newbtrigger69
 
newbtrigger69
Old
(Last edited by newbtrigger69; 3rd January 2014 at 10:30 PM.)
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 141
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiterunnerLigon View Post
Sorry took so long for me to get back to you, OK. the problem i was having was after i did the usual procedure to flash a rom, i was not getting any App launcher icons nor were there any widgets I.E. Time, or Date.. .I was even able to reboot and flash the gapps in 10-31-2013 Still wasnt working. Thank you much for the quick response time.
So by now, after 5 or more times flashing all this stuff I finally tried the last suggestion you made and woohoo it worked.What needed to be done was to make sure i had 6.0.4.5.Flashed .. Got it flashed and running as expected.

Again, Thanks Alot for the knowledge you shared with us here at the community newbtrigger69
anytime i can help fellow xda member

and if u can. remember to thank me on the tab don't want to fall behind on those
<------------------------------------------------
Nook Tablet (CM 11 Nightlies)
The Following User Says Thank You to newbtrigger69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes