My Nexus 5 with KITKAT 4.4.2 and GEAR(null_17 ROM)

Search This thread

pcelli

Sep 12, 2007
Modena
playmore.altervista.org
hi to all, i want to share my experience (sorry for my english, i'm italian)
i have Nexus 5 phone and galaxy Gear(null_17 ROM).

Nexus 5 with KitKat 4.4.2
Galaxy Gear with V700XXUAMK7 with NULL_17 ROM
and watchstyler 1.0.9 (working) with Casio Skin

At first i installed gearmanagerstub.apk
after i just bring "gear manager 1.6 111801.apk" and renamed to "gear manager 1.6 111801.zip"
opened and bring all file in the folder "preinstalledapk"
and run all one by one excepted for "samusic" and "saweather" because fail to installing(but is ok).

after all manual apk installed also installed "gear manager 1.6 111801.apk"

and opened gear manager and start the gear and pairing it. (2 or 3 time but making same test and check and at final running)
if you come from old pairing with other gear manager version example 1.5 or 1.4 etc... just from your sdcard delete the folder ".BManager_backup"

for fix the notification i also installed ATNmanager 1.2.2.apk on the phone, and in the gear i already sended the version of "ATNmanager 1.2.3.1_pre"(only the watch.apk file inside) and i receive all notify on gear by this apps and working fine.
remeber to go in setting->security->allow ATNmanager to read notification

up to now
work:
contact
logs call
gallery
camera(make and send directly to the phone in gallery)
call and receive it.
voice record (record and send on phone, but play with file manager in "sdcard/Sounds/Galaxy_Gear/your recording file"
notification(ATNmanager APP)

no work:
weather
s voice

For me is a good Result

Domenico.

nunyabiziz

Jul 5, 2007
I would think that weather and svoice wouldnt work because these features are twiz based. Thanks for reporting your findings.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

norocel

Aug 30, 2009
Oslo

after i just bring "gear manager 1.6 111801.apk" and renamed to "gear manager 1.6 111801.zip"
and run all one by one excepted for "samusic" and "saweather" because fail to installing(but is ok).

and opened gear manager and start the gear and pairing it. (2 or 3 time but making same test and check and at final running)
if you come from old pairing with other gear manager version example 1.5 or 1.4 etc... just from your sdcard delete the folder ".BManager_backup"

for fix the notification i also installed ATNmanager 1.2.2.apk on the phone, and in the gear i already sended the version of "ATNmanager 1.2.3.1_pre"(only the watch.apk file inside) and i receive all notify on gear by this apps and working fine.

up to now
work:
contact
logs call
gallery
call and receive it.
voice record (record and send on phone, but play with file manager in "sdcard/Sounds/Galaxy_Gear/your recording file"

no work:
weather
s voice

For me is a good Result

Domenico.
You are such a nice guy,you helped me fix my gear where nobody could actually even give me a simple answer! You have my respect for that,should be a sticky on your post really !

ben503

Apr 23, 2009
So I have 1.5 gear manager. If I delete bmanager and install the 1.6 apk my watch won't reset? For atn I have to install on phone and watch? Please link where to download and put the links on your guide to make it easier for the new gear owners :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

amsguitarist

Feb 5, 2012
You are such a nice guy,you helped me fix my gear where nobody could actually even give me a simple answer! You have my respect for that,should be a sticky on your post really !

These steps have been explained many many many times before. People get tired of repeating the same explanation in every thread. I guarantee people will still ask with this thread's existence. Just spend half an hour searching through the forum.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

norocel

Aug 30, 2009
Oslo
These steps have been explained many many many times before. People get tired of repeating the same explanation in every thread. I guarantee people will still ask with this thread's existence. Just spend half an hour searching through the forum.

I found information too but nothing exactly as he put it,only mentions and so on and he quite managed to explain well some things i did not think of. It should be a sticky somewhere for new gear ownners with links and guides.
By they way,any link or way i could get the latest gear working app? thanx !

Last edited:

amsguitarist

Feb 5, 2012
I found information too but nothing exactly as he put it,only mentions and so on and he quite managed to explain well some things i did not think of. It should be a sticky somewhere for new gear ownners with links and guides.
By they way,any link or way i could get the latest gear working app? thanx !

Are you kidding? Look at your last sentence. Just proves that people don't research on this board and that is the reason why developers get extremely put off. Stop being lazy and do your own research. As I have said, everything has been told to many people, even in the same thread. If you can't figure it out from the available information, maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

norocel

Aug 30, 2009
Oslo
Are you kidding? Look at your last sentence. Just proves that people don't research on this board and that is the reason why developers get extremely put off. Stop being lazy and do your own research. As I have said, everything has been told to many people, even in the same thread. If you can't figure it out from the available information, maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

I really don't get it why you have to be so negative,things like these should be in first page not for me to look for houres and read pages,some people have other things to do rather than browsing pages for houres,that's why i donate to people that do a good job so i don't have to do it myself. Thank you !
Edit: All i'am saying organisation is key on this website,if there was a proper sticky and info, people would no have to ask in all threads about it. A post "how to make F'king gear manager working on non samsung devices" with 2 links and 3 words as the first guy just poset and voila ! Aparently you support messy information and useless posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: b0n40 and DevH

amsguitarist

Feb 5, 2012
I really don't get it why you have to be so negative,things like these should be in first page not for me to look for houres and read pages,some people have other things to do rather than browsing pages for houres,that's why i donate to people that do a good job so i don't have to do it myself. Thank you !

Oh the first page of threads "Gear Manager Downloads". Nobody is going to want to help you if you've asked questions that show you haven't even looked in the forums for a second. Exactly why the null ROM no longer has direct support in here anymore.

pcelli

Sep 12, 2007
Modena
playmore.altervista.org
So I have 1.5 gear manager. If I delete bmanager and install the 1.6 apk my watch won't reset? For atn I have to install on phone and watch? Please link where to download and put the links on your guide to make it easier for the new gear owners :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

I post all file early.. If you delete and bmmanager folder, just after pairing the gear automaticly reset. Otherway can't paired with phone.
Phore the atn the fast way is install atn 1.2.3.1 with watch paired... After it install all in the watch, disconnect watch from phone and install atn manager 1.2.2 and all notify working. Early I post the file already modded.

JOHNGAETANO

Jun 3, 2010
Ohio
I have done all of this….. But I can not for the life of me get any notifications to my gear. None, not a one.

Help is appreciated….

up to now
work:
contact
logs call
gallery
call and receive it.

no work:
weather
s voice

For me is a good Result

Domenico.

pcelli

Sep 12, 2007
Modena
playmore.altervista.org
I have done all of this….. But I can not for the life of me get any notifications to my gear. None, not a one.

Help is appreciated….

Hi, i gust making ATNmanager Modded,
pairing your phone and your watch.

after you can see in gear manager the gear connected install the attachment i mod for fix this problem.
I'm sure it working on nexus with KITKAT version.

This important, i don't know if yo do... in the setting-->security--->access to notify(some like that because i have it in italian)-->and Tick on ATNmanager.

Last edited:

norocel

Aug 30, 2009
Oslo
Hi, i gust making ATNmanager Modded,
pairing your phone and your watch.

after you can see in gear manager the gear connected install the attachment i mod for fix this problem.
I'm sure it working on nexus with KITKAT version.

This important, i don't know if yo do... in the setting-->security--->access to notify(some like that because i have it in italian)-->and Tick on ATNmanager.

Do you get notification through atn or original notification system? I get through ATN which does the job but not that well looking.

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I haven't tried, but it sounds like ATN uses it's own notification system? This is different to notifications going via Gear Manager

Stand alone application that pushes notifications, they come in as emails..

You need to have atleast email notifications enabled in gear manager, ATN handles the rest.

Also you must make sure you enable ATN in accessibility options on your phone so it has permissions to read the notifications.

Brendo

Stand alone application that pushes notifications, they come in as emails..

You need to have atleast email notifications enabled in gear manager, ATN handles the rest.

Also you must make sure you enable ATN in accessibility options on your phone so it has permissions to read the notifications.
That's how I assumed it still worked. But then how does it work for nexus since it can't send any notifications what soever (let alone give email as an option)

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
That's how I assumed it still worked. But then how does it work for nexus since it can't send any notifications what soever (let alone give email as an option)

ATN should send the notifications fine..

The reason why the notifications are not working on the nexus is because of the gear manager is not running completely.. I dont think the gear manager notification listener service is being started.

Have a look in accessibility settings do you see anything related to gear manager ? I didnt think to check this..

Last edited:

Brendo

ATN should send the notifications fine..

The reason why the notifications are not working on the nexus is because of the gear manager is not running completely.. I dont think the gear manager notification listener service is being started.

Have a look in accessibility settings do you see anything related to gear manager ? I didnt think to check this..
Nothing in accessibility

I think you may be onto something
When I compare to s4, it has heaps of gear related services/process running

s4:
SANotiProvider: 1 process and 0 services
SAMusicProvider: 1 process and 1 services
-Service: SAMusicProviderImpl
GearManager: 3 process and 2 services
- Service: ManagerProviderService
- Service:BManagerConnectionService
- Process: Gear Manager
- Process: Samsung Accessory Service
- Process: SAFTCore
SAContactProvider: 1 process and 6 services
- Service: SAContactProviderImpl
- Service: SALogProviderImpl
- Service: SAAlarmProviderImpl
- Service: SecCallHandlerProviderService
- Service: SACalendarProviderImpl
- Service: FindMyPhoneProviderService
SACameraTransferService: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: SACameraTransferService
Update Gear software: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: XDMService
SAPedometerProvider: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: SAProviderService
SAPedometerProvider: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: SAConsumerService
SVoiceProvider: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: SVoiceProviderService
SVoiceProvider: 1 process and 2 services
- Service: WeatherProviderBackServiceService
- Service: WeatherProviderService
TextTemplateProvider: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: TextTemplateService
SAVoiceMemoProvider: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: SAVoiceMemoProviderService

n5:
Samsung Accessory Service: 1 process and 2 services
- Service: SAFrameworkService
- Service: SAAcessoryDiscover..
GearManager: 1 process and 1 services
- Service:BManagerConnectionService
Update Gear software: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: XDMService
SAPedometerProvider: 0 process and 1 services
- Service: SAConsumerService

I tried looking into starting service with Tasker, but no luck
When I try and launch service via adb, all I get is Error: not found: no service started.
When I try and launch process via adb, all I get is Error: Activity not started, unable to resolve Intent
I think my problem is that intents are incorrect
I've attached manifest xml for gear manager and notifier

Attachments

• manifests.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 175

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

up to now
    work:
    contact
    logs call
    gallery
    call and receive it.

no work:
    weather
    s voice

For me is a good Result

Domenico.

up to now
    work:
    contact
    logs call
    gallery
    call and receive it.

no work:
    weather
    s voice

For me is a good Result

Domenico.
    WORKING!

OK I was able to get this working and I will try my best to explain it for everyone so you can understand:

1. Uninstall any versions of ATNManger you already have installed
    • Install ATN Manager 1.2.2 on your "Phone" (In my case, Nexus 5), apk HERE
    • Install the "Watch.apk" inside ATN Manager 1.2.3.1_pre.apk on your "Galaxy Gear", apk HERE
    • Go to settings on your "Phone" and find security, inside there find "Notification Access" make sure ATN Manager is checked
    • Open ATN Manager on you "Phone" and check all apps that you want to get notifications from (example: Gmail, Hangouts, Google+, Facebook)
    • You should now get notifications on all of your apps that you checked, my wife even gets them for all her games.

Too bad it only lets you know you got a message and then you have to go to phone to see it, but you still get the notification if say your phone is on silent. Would be great if we could make this work from Nexus 5 through GearManager as it is better but no luck there for me.

Also while I am at it, here is how to get the WatchStyler app working so you can change your watch faces:

1. Open GearManager on your "Phone"
    • Connect to your Galaxy Gear
    • Click on Clocks to see the list of clocks
    • With Clocks open hit your home button to minimize Gear Manager
    • Install latest WatchStyler app (1.1.00) from HERE
    • Open WatchStyler app
    • Now open GearManager (that is still running) and you will then see the WatchStyler option, choose it
    • Make a new watch face in WatchStyler and then open GearManager
    • Choose the Gear next to WatchStyler and choose the watch face you just made and choose apply
    • You should now see your new watch face on your Galaxy Gear

Hope this helps everyone. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Focus on getting music provider working, I know how to get weather working already...

Any chance you could share how you got the weather working?

Also any luck at all getting the music working? Alternatively I am using an app called Media Remote installed on both my Nexus 5 and on the Galaxy Gear and they both talk so that I can Play, Pause, Skip and mute my music. Would be much nicer to get it working if possible.

Also many many thanks for the _Null ROM, running great and loving it!

Edit: All i'am saying organisation is key on this website,if there was a proper sticky and info, people would no have to ask in all threads about it. A post "how to make F'king gear manager working on non samsung devices" with 2 links and 3 words as the first guy just poset and voila ! Aparently you support messy information and useless posts.
    All I want to know is has anyone got pictures and video to sync on a non samsung phone? And what version of gear manager was that with? Hope these two questions can be answered thanks.