5,603,729 Members 37,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help with Rooting

Tip us?
 
robertprun
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Need help with Rooting

Guys I have a HTC ONE MINI 4.3 I want to root it but I dont know how I tryed a lot of softwares and methods can Anyone help me.I tryd the SuperOneClick off your website guys still dosent work
 
mgostom
Old
#2  
mgostom's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 17
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
I don't think you'll be able to root being on 4.3. You would have to be on 4.2.2. I'm don't know where you reside but if you can downgrade using RUU then you can use revone to root. However, the only RUU currently available is for AT&T in US.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
 
Braddison
Old
#3  
Braddison's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 110
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertprun View Post
Guys I have a HTC ONE MINI 4.3 I want to root it but I dont know how I tryed a lot of softwares and methods can Anyone help me.I tryd the SuperOneClick off your website guys still dosent work
SuperOneClick didn't work for me either.

It doesn't matter what android version you are running to obtain root.

Ive sent you a pm with a guide to how i unlocked bootloader, installed a custom recovery, rooted device and installed MagioROM.

hope it helps

cheers
 
PuffDaddy_d
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 276
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddison View Post
SuperOneClick didn't work for me either.

It doesn't matter what android version you are running to obtain root.

Ive sent you a pm with a guide to how i unlocked bootloader, installed a custom recovery, rooted device and installed MagioROM.

hope it helps

cheers
Why not publish this information in the forum so that others can benefit that may have the same question?
 
Braddison
Old
#5  
Braddison's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 110
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffDaddy_d View Post
Why not publish this information in the forum so that others can benefit that may have the same question?
Fair point! however i should of stated that it was a link to an external site...not a guide created by myself! i assumed posting links to external sources may be against forum rules ( i may be wrong?)
I agree that it would be of benefit for a full step by step guide to be stickied on this forum, certainly easier for the community to find, unfortunately there isn't a detailed one at the moment.
anyway.... this question is answered many times on this forum and also freely available on google...if you SEARCH (how to root htc one mini) before posting, like i did, then you will find all the information you need.
I apologise if that sounds abrupt, its not meant to. Im trying to help without breaking forum rules
 
mgostom
Old
#6  
mgostom's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 17
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
You're right, unlocking bootloader will work regardless the version. I think it's the case to obtain s-off. At least I had that issue.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more

Lucid Browser is Small, Lightweight, and Open Source

If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more