Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One X power up issues

Tip us?

Equin0x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One X power up issues

I have an HTC One X and I was using the phone today as the battery was reaching 1%, the phone began to get extremely hot, and just before the phone powered itself off, the screen flashed white and then died. Upon plugging the phone into the wall charger, a red light flashed once and then turned off, The phone does not power on at all and i cannot access the bootloader options. The phone is unrooted and the bootloader is locked. I have tried plugging the phone into a computer and it does not pick it up at all. What so you recommend I try? I am also afraid to take the phone into my service provider as I have some very important data which I wish to retrieve.
Thanks in advance for any help, all help is appreciated

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8305

DONATE TO ME
Leave it on the wallcharger over night. Not coming back to life after that it's warranty repair. Nothing else you can do really......

wigankev
Old
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equin0x View Post
I have an HTC One X and I was using the phone today as the battery was reaching 1%, the phone began to get extremely hot, and just before the phone powered itself off, the screen flashed white and then died. Upon plugging the phone into the wall charger, a red light flashed once and then turned off, The phone does not power on at all and i cannot access the bootloader options. The phone is unrooted and the bootloader is locked. I have tried plugging the phone into a computer and it does not pick it up at all. What so you recommend I try? I am also afraid to take the phone into my service provider as I have some very important data which I wish to retrieve.
Thanks in advance for any help, all help is appreciated
If your phone is stock and never been unlocked via HTCdev then all i can recommend is sending it back to HTC before you warranty runs out. Sounds like a hardware fault to me. Let your phone cool down then boot it back up and try copy your data to your computer.

humzaahmed155
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigankev View Post
If your phone is stock and never been unlocked via HTCdev then all i can recommend is sending it back to HTC before you warranty runs out. Sounds like a hardware fault to me. Let your phone cool down then boot it back up and try copy your data to your computer.
Except he can't boot it up, that's the issue

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
Current Devices
Google Nexus 5 Black 16GB - Android L Preview
Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE i9305 16GB - Official CM11 Nightlies - AGNi Kernel.

Old Devices
HTC One X 32GB - CM11 nightlies - Faux kernel - Dead (bad build quality took it's toll.)
HTC Desire HD - Sold.