OP cameljockey1

3rd January 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 90

504 posts
Donate to Me
More
I ordered a ultra z lte U.S version i believe c6806 it has not came in yet . I have experience in rooting and unlocking things for htc and samsung so this is new for me for sony devices. I have a concern after a TA backup and unlocking bootloader. What all do you loose after boot loader unlock? The main thing i would like to keep is the catch and throw DLNA support. And how does the screen look before and after bootloader unlock. Is xrealty better? Thank you.
3rd January 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,662

15,002 posts
More
You'll only lose X-Reality, but X-Reality is only active in the gallery and movie app. I personally think X-Reality is bad, and it won't look good unless you have a full 20GB 1080p movie playing. I do not miss it at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 90

504 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

You'll only lose X-Reality, but X-Reality is only active in the gallery and movie app. I personally think X-Reality is bad, and it won't look good unless you have a full 20GB 1080p movie playing. I do not miss it at all.

Thank you so much. That's a big relief. Can't wait to get mine now.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd January 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #4  
Flag Metairie LA
Thanks Meter: 25

256 posts
More
What about the Bravia engine? I like the extreme saturation of the colors when looking at images. I just upgraded to .290, and I haven't yet unlocked the bootloader for fear of losing my pretty photos just to reroot. X-reality i haven't seen working, i had heard it does work in other video apps like youtube, but I can't tell, so its not a big loss. I have the TA backed up anyway if its possible to unlock and restore that would be ideal.
3rd January 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,254

2,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can restore the ta partition, thus relock the boatloads. Just search, I think it is in the general thread.
4th January 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 581

2,885 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sess

What about the Bravia engine? I like the extreme saturation of the colors when looking at images. I just upgraded to .290, and I haven't yet unlocked the bootloader for fear of losing my pretty photos just to reroot. X-reality i haven't seen working, i had heard it does work in other video apps like youtube, but I can't tell, so its not a big loss. I have the TA backed up anyway if its possible to unlock and restore that would be ideal.

I think xreality is the update to Bravia engine.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th January 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,662

15,002 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks

I think xreality is the update to Bravia engine.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah, Bravia got replaced by X-Reality in one of the earlier 5xx firmware updates. What's the difference between those two? I'm not 100% sure, but the Bravia engine adds saturation etc. to stuff while X-Reality adds saturation etc. plus sharpness. Again, i'm not sure.

Here's a good article from Android Authority about X-Reality and Triluminos.

The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread