[Q] Unlocking Bootloader

Tip us?

cameljockey1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Unlocking Bootloader

I ordered a ultra z lte U.S version i believe c6806 it has not came in yet . I have experience in rooting and unlocking things for htc and samsung so this is new for me for sony devices. I have a concern after a TA backup and unlocking bootloader. What all do you loose after boot loader unlock? The main thing i would like to keep is the catch and throw DLNA support. And how does the screen look before and after bootloader unlock. Is xrealty better? Thank you.
Device: Sony Xperia Z Ultra LTE T-mobile

Previous devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note II
HTC Sensation
Samsung Vibrant T959
HTC Mytouch 3G

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5430
You'll only lose X-Reality, but X-Reality is only active in the gallery and movie app. I personally think X-Reality is bad, and it won't look good unless you have a full 20GB 1080p movie playing. I do not miss it at all.

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cameljockey1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
You'll only lose X-Reality, but X-Reality is only active in the gallery and movie app. I personally think X-Reality is bad, and it won't look good unless you have a full 20GB 1080p movie playing. I do not miss it at all.
Thank you so much. That's a big relief. Can't wait to get mine now.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Device: Sony Xperia Z Ultra LTE T-mobile

Previous devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note II
HTC Sensation
Samsung Vibrant T959
HTC Mytouch 3G

Sess
Old
Thanks Meter 23
What about the Bravia engine? I like the extreme saturation of the colors when looking at images. I just upgraded to .290, and I haven't yet unlocked the bootloader for fear of losing my pretty photos just to reroot. X-reality i haven't seen working, i had heard it does work in other video apps like youtube, but I can't tell, so its not a big loss. I have the TA backed up anyway if its possible to unlock and restore that would be ideal.
-Sess-
"...You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac and call yourself banana man, banana man, cause thats what you're doing..."

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
You can restore the ta partition, thus relock the boatloads. Just search, I think it is in the general thread.
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sess View Post
What about the Bravia engine? I like the extreme saturation of the colors when looking at images. I just upgraded to .290, and I haven't yet unlocked the bootloader for fear of losing my pretty photos just to reroot. X-reality i haven't seen working, i had heard it does work in other video apps like youtube, but I can't tell, so its not a big loss. I have the TA backed up anyway if its possible to unlock and restore that would be ideal.
I think xreality is the update to Bravia engine.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5430
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks View Post
I think xreality is the update to Bravia engine.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yeah, Bravia got replaced by X-Reality in one of the earlier 5xx firmware updates. What's the difference between those two? I'm not 100% sure, but the Bravia engine adds saturation etc. to stuff while X-Reality adds saturation etc. plus sharpness. Again, i'm not sure.

Here's a good article from Android Authority about X-Reality and Triluminos.

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]