Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Unlocking Bootloader

OP cameljockey1

3rd January 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #1  
cameljockey1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 93
 
513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
I ordered a ultra z lte U.S version i believe c6806 it has not came in yet . I have experience in rooting and unlocking things for htc and samsung so this is new for me for sony devices. I have a concern after a TA backup and unlocking bootloader. What all do you loose after boot loader unlock? The main thing i would like to keep is the catch and throw DLNA support. And how does the screen look before and after bootloader unlock. Is xrealty better? Thank you.
3rd January 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,663
 
15,002 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
You'll only lose X-Reality, but X-Reality is only active in the gallery and movie app. I personally think X-Reality is bad, and it won't look good unless you have a full 20GB 1080p movie playing. I do not miss it at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #3  
cameljockey1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 93
 
513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

You'll only lose X-Reality, but X-Reality is only active in the gallery and movie app. I personally think X-Reality is bad, and it won't look good unless you have a full 20GB 1080p movie playing. I do not miss it at all.

Thank you so much. That's a big relief. Can't wait to get mine now.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd January 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #4  
Sess's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Metairie LA
Thanks Meter: 25
 
267 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2005
More
What about the Bravia engine? I like the extreme saturation of the colors when looking at images. I just upgraded to .290, and I haven't yet unlocked the bootloader for fear of losing my pretty photos just to reroot. X-reality i haven't seen working, i had heard it does work in other video apps like youtube, but I can't tell, so its not a big loss. I have the TA backed up anyway if its possible to unlock and restore that would be ideal.
3rd January 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #5  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,392
 
3,019 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
You can restore the ta partition, thus relock the boatloads. Just search, I think it is in the general thread.
4th January 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #6  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 582
 
2,887 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sess

What about the Bravia engine? I like the extreme saturation of the colors when looking at images. I just upgraded to .290, and I haven't yet unlocked the bootloader for fear of losing my pretty photos just to reroot. X-reality i haven't seen working, i had heard it does work in other video apps like youtube, but I can't tell, so its not a big loss. I have the TA backed up anyway if its possible to unlock and restore that would be ideal.

I think xreality is the update to Bravia engine.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th January 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,663
 
15,002 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks

I think xreality is the update to Bravia engine.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah, Bravia got replaced by X-Reality in one of the earlier 5xx firmware updates. What's the difference between those two? I'm not 100% sure, but the Bravia engine adds saturation etc. to stuff while X-Reality adds saturation etc. plus sharpness. Again, i'm not sure.

Here's a good article from Android Authority about X-Reality and Triluminos.

The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes