Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MOJO stand vertically?

Tip us?

gwaldo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default MOJO stand vertically?

I like having my MOJO stand vertically, anyone else?
Not because it gets hot, I think it looks cool, like a mini PS2... probably just habit with consoles
Image from my MOJO review http://xpcoin.com

jjprichards
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo View Post
I like having my MOJO stand vertically, anyone else?
Not because it gets hot, I think it looks cool, like a mini PS2... probably just habit with consoles
Image from my MOJO review http://xpcoin.com

It looks great vertical. Does it stand well? Or do we need a custom stand?

gwaldo
Old
(Last edited by gwaldo; 3rd January 2014 at 07:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjprichards View Post
It looks great vertical. Does it stand well? Or do we need a custom stand?
Stands very well, the top/bottom edges run parallel and straight to the front, so very stable on a flat surface, no stand required.
I like having the cable at the top and it doesn't tip over.
I'm sure someone can do better photos

Edit: added photos
It's like I'm a monkey from "2001 a Space Odyssey" and the MOJO is evil the Black Monolith!

The Following User Says Thank You to gwaldo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ExtremeRyno
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Doesn't it cover some vents when it is upright? I'm not at home to look at mine.
Acer Iconia A700 CM11
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Stock (for now...)
MadCatz M.O.J.O.
HTC One X Team Venom ViperXL

solsearch
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Stands very well, the top/bottom edges run parallel and straight to the front, so very stable on a flat surface, no stand required.
I like having the cable at the top and it doesn't tip over.
I'm sure someone can do better photos

Edit: added photos
It's like I'm a monkey from "2001 a Space Odyssey" and the MOJO is evil the Black Monolith!
Didn't the black monolith speed up human evolution? So it's not evil per se, and if it improves your life in any way an apt comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeRyno View Post
Doesn't it cover some vents when it is upright? I'm not at home to look at mine.
Maybe, but the vents are more decorative as it is fanless is it not? The device is supposed to consume up to 4.5watts max under heavy gaming, 3.5 during HD vide playback, and less doing other stuff. I doubt overheating is a huge issue.

Mojorising
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsearch View Post
Didn't the black monolith speed up human evolution? So it's not evil per se, and if it improves your life in any way an apt comparison

Maybe, but the vents are more decorative as it is fanless is it not? The device is supposed to consume up to 4.5watts max under heavy gaming, 3.5 during HD vide playback, and less doing other stuff. I doubt overheating is a huge issue.
Awesome

gwaldo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
lol yes but it made them violent and at the end it appears when the guy gets old.. I haven't seen the movie in a long time

Quote:
It's fanless, it does cover the side vent (which is the bottom now) but it's raised of the bottom just like the bottom is raise of the bottom.
Also don't forget the actual bottom also has large vents, which is now on the side... the not so pretty side
It's been warm, but never hot.

solsearch
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
lol yes but it made them violent and at the end it appears when the guy gets old.. I haven't seen the movie in a long time

It's fanless, it does cover the side vent (which is the bottom now) but it's raised of the bottom just like the bottom is raise of the bottom.
Also don't forget the actual bottom also has large vents, which is now on the side... the not so pretty side
It's been warm, but never hot.
Yeah, thatīs one of the much touted advantages of ARM designs, no need for fans

I can only think of two which have fans: the Odroid XU board and the Nvidia Shield (but the shield has both batteries, which generate extra heat, and a higher clocked CPU and GPU).