5,606,465 Members 33,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Sprint - SPH-L520] Need some pointers.

Tip us?

d3x^
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] [Sprint - SPH-L520] Need some pointers.

Hello everyone,

I recently signed up for a new Sprint contract and got a free Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (Sprint model -- SPH-L520) however, everything I can find relates to rooting the GT-I9195 and GT-l9190. All I want to do is root it to be able to run apps that require root, I don't necessarily need a custom ROM loaded on it.

I do know some programming, though the languages I know probably wouldn't help much for this, and consider myself an advanced user of many desktop and server operating systems (Windows, Linux, some BSD). Although I am new to Android I'd like to give it a shot, if it's not too far out of my reach.

I'm really just looking for good starting guides and some tips from the pros. I've done a lot of Googling and researching on these forums but I haven't really found any guides that starts from scratch. I'm am willing to take the time to learn even if it takes a while.

kc6wke
Old
Thanks Meter 217

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3x^ View Post
Hello everyone,

I recently signed up for a new Sprint contract and got a free Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (Sprint model -- SPH-L520) however, everything I can find relates to rooting the GT-I9195 and GT-l9190. All I want to do is root it to be able to run apps that require root, I don't necessarily need a custom ROM loaded on it.

I do know some programming, though the languages I know probably wouldn't help much for this, and consider myself an advanced user of many desktop and server operating systems (Windows, Linux, some BSD). Although I am new to Android I'd like to give it a shot, if it's not too far out of my reach.

I'm really just looking for good starting guides and some tips from the pros. I've done a lot of Googling and researching on these forums but I haven't really found any guides that starts from scratch. I'm am willing to take the time to learn even if it takes a while.
Use kingo root

d3x^
Old
(Last edited by d3x^; 2nd January 2014 at 05:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc6wke View Post
Use kingo root
I've tried, it fails each time.

Screenshot: i.imgur.com/f5ls9ZZ.png

thebeanboxer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3x^ View Post
I've tried, it fails each time.

Screenshot: i.imgur.com/f5ls9ZZ.png
Refer to these websites, maybe they will help you..

http://www.andromods.com/root-unlock...ta-update.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2533867

valdezcb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default CWM Recovery for SPH-L20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc6wke View Post
Use kingo root
Do you know where I can find the software to install CWM recovery for Galaxy S4 mini SPH-L20?

Please advise

masterm584
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I know this may seem redundant, but make sure you have the correct Samsung drivers installed (reinstall them and restart your pc). Make sure your PC recognizes your phone in debugging mode.