XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Confused with Firmware

Tip us?

antawnm26
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Default Confused with Firmware

Not quite for sure whats going on but my girl is on 4.1.2 baseband version 1535vrbma2, build number jz054k.l535vrbma2
its rooted but my question is does all the baseband version build number is right? Also, how do I figure out if the bootloader is unlocked?

SlimSnoopOS
Old
(Last edited by SlimSnoopOS; 3rd January 2014 at 02:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by antawnm26 View Post
Not quite for sure whats going on but my girl is on 4.1.2 baseband version 1535vrbma2, build number jz054k.l535vrbma2
its rooted but my question is does all the baseband version build number is right? Also, how do I figure out if the bootloader is unlocked?
First, this question belongs in the Q/A section.

Nor sure what your question is, but I'll try to answer. Typically, build number matches your baseband UNLESS you flash a different baseband (referred to in the S3 forums as "firmware"). If you're rooted, the best way to tell if the bootloader is unlocked is to unlock the bootloader using EZ Unlock v1.2, a quick Google search will reveal this is downloaded on Rootzwiki. Once unlocked, it will remain that way unless you flash a stock image via Odin.

Edit: WHOOPS! You did post this in Q/A!. My apologies, I'm mobile and thought I was in the dev section.

Edit x2: Are you asking if that baseband sounds right? Cuz yes it is however you're on leaked firmware from before the VRBMB1 4.1.2 OTA last February.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

antawnm26
Old
(Last edited by antawnm26; 4th January 2014 at 02:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
First, this question belongs in the Q/A section.

Nor sure what your question is, but I'll try to answer. Typically, build number matches your baseband UNLESS you flash a different baseband (referred to in the S3 forums as "firmware"). If you're rooted, the best way to tell if the bootloader is unlocked is to unlock the bootloader using EZ Unlock v1.2, a quick Google search will reveal this is downloaded on Rootzwiki. Once unlocked, it will remain that way unless you flash a stock image via Odin.

Edit: WHOOPS! You did post this in Q/A!. My apologies, I'm mobile and thought I was in the dev section.

Edit x2: Are you asking if that baseband sounds right? Cuz yes it is however you're on leaked firmware from before the VRBMB1 4.1.2 OTA last February.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
lol..no problem and yes that was my question does everything match up...its been a while since I been on a samsung device....Shes actually having issues holding a call and cant dial out as well...Also, Im wondering if the bootloader/modem is correct on her phone as well, because the fact she cant hold a call or sometimes cant call out