Ask a question

No registration required

NULL Rom but Mainly Stock Setup Suggestions Thread

OP fletch33

4th January 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 304

1,028 posts
So i wanted to discuss installing NULL but not everything in Aroma to get a Stock look and feel but benefits of some NULL advantages.

if this type thread already exist i didnt see it.

my reason for this is although i can read and follow directions the NULL setup to replicate what i like about stock takes a lot of work with widgets etc.. to get clock face and all the stock look and feel i like.

here is a post by mmick over here that i am quoting to show the setup i am liking and asking others to give some input:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmick

I confess that I searched about Xposed Framework and Gravity Box and... I also did not understand fully what they are or what they do! (perhaps I am getting too old )

AFAIK, generally they allow you to change some items/properties from the ROM and installed APKs...without physically changing the ROMs/APKs. (please someone correct me, and please get something more in detail).

Though I did not make use of it on my Gear, as I just want a "middle tunning", so I installed Null_ ROM just with GAPPs and keyboard, everything else stayed (like Samsungīs Launcher, key settings and default "wipe movement" settings).

What did I install to make full use of what I make BUT without making Gear slow:
- K9 Email app (veeeery small and light. It also enables "share to Email" option on default Camera app)
- Opera mini (for what you could search on Gear, it works extremely well and fast. It also compresses internet data, which is excelent as Gearīs BT connection is rather slow, and it also saves some 3G Data)
- Amazon app (imperative to compare prices)
- Idealo app (I live in Germany, fantastic to compare prices. It is also a light app)
- Button Savior for ROOT devices (Sometimes, like in Amazon app, you do not see the "settings" button. With Button savior, you can turn whenever you want "onscreen buttons", like "back" "settings" "home", etc. If you buy the PRO version, is even better!)
- Google Translate (it works extremely well).
- Bluetooth Settings shortcut (this is a free app, it allows you to directly go to BT Settings, and enable BT Internet Teethering. I tried the app "Bluetooth Auto Connect" but it does have too many options and too big for Gear IMHO. This BT shortcut does the trick and it uses only a couple of Kb)
- gReader (with Dark theme: it saves battery on AMOLED devices!)
PS: if you set on each E-mail, RSS, Amazon, etc "Auto-Sync Off", "Notifications Off", "Push off",etc it will save you a lot of battery and will make your Gear faster.

Thatīs it. In the moment my Gear has Playstore, etc etc and works as fast as before, battery life is so good as the original but with much more functions. Gear WAS dumb, now with Null_īs ROMs it is SMART

With Null_16 I get: 1 full Day playing around too much (vacations day); 2 full Days (normal working day where I use it each hour to do some stuff, talk around 15 min /day through the Gear, Emails, etc); 3 full Days (when Iīm busy and I just see the time, and a couple of pictures / Google Translate / check couple e-mails); 4 full Days (when I just check the clock and to see some Notifications). PS: At night (for 8h) I turn the Gear off.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fletch33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread