5,606,722 Members 37,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How can I unroot/factory reset my broken LCD?

Tip us?

frsteezy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] How can I unroot/factory reset my broken LCD?

I'm getting a replacement for my phone, I'm currently using Safestrap with Hyperdrive rom v10. I can't access anything because the display and touchscreen is completely broken but galaxy s4 receives calls/texts. Is there a way to unroot/factory reset my phone that doesn't require my phones display to be on? I'm not sure exactly on what I should do since I'm new to this.

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1256

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsteezy View Post
I'm getting a replacement for my phone, I'm currently using Safestrap with Hyperdrive rom v10. I can't access anything because the display and touchscreen is completely broken but galaxy s4 receives calls/texts. Is there a way to unroot/factory reset my phone that doesn't require my phones display to be on? I'm not sure exactly on what I should do since I'm new to this.
You'll need odin along with at factory stock ROM image.

Battery pull, then start up in bootloader mode:
> Hold down volume down and the home button, then press and hold the power button. (You're holding three buttons.)
> When the phone vibrates, release power, then release the volume/home buttons.
> Press volume up.
Now you're in bootloader mode.

Grab the factory ROM and Odin3 3.09 and start up ODIN. Plug in your phone and ODIN should recognize it.
Use the "AP" button to open the ROM you need to flash, wait until the MD5 is verified, then hit Start.

Probably the best ROM to flash is the MJ7 Emergency Recovery ROM as it'll wipe everything on your phone, including your personal data.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

frsteezy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
You'll need odin along with at factory stock ROM image.

Battery pull, then start up in bootloader mode:
> Hold down volume down and the home button, then press and hold the power button. (You're holding three buttons.)
> When the phone vibrates, release power, then release the volume/home buttons.
> Press volume up.
Now you're in bootloader mode.

Grab the factory ROM and Odin3 3.09 and start up ODIN. Plug in your phone and ODIN should recognize it.
Use the "AP" button to open the ROM you need to flash, wait until the MD5 is verified, then hit Start.

Probably the best ROM to flash is the MJ7 Emergency Recovery ROM as it'll wipe everything on your phone, including your personal data.

Thank you for responding quickly. I'll give this a try right now.

frsteezy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default and frainca

I think this was a success. I heard the samsung boot and notifications popped up
Thanks!

Netherworld
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 98569926 45

Does this method remove the 'Samsung Unlocked' screen? I need to exchange a faulty phone hardware as well.

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1256

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherworld View Post
Does this method remove the 'Samsung Unlocked' screen? I need to exchange a faulty phone hardware as well.
Yes, it does. All your data is gone, and it's running a fully stock ROM. You may need to boot it once to let it discover that it's not custom any longer.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1